Chapter 44

Diana's POV

I hold into the handrail tightly, squeezing my eyes shut as it escalates up.

I nearly sigh of relief when it stops, and the doors open. Quickly rushing out, I take a deep breath, glaring at the damn thing as the doors close again.

Quickly placing my handbag on my desk, I walk over to Alex's office doors, not bothering to knock as I open them, smiling when I see Alex standing at the filling cabinets in the corner.

He smiles at me while I walk over quickly and hug him tightly. He hugs me back, lifting me off the ground slightly causing me to laugh.

He puts me down, before kissing my head.

"How are you? Are you okay?" I ask him immediately.

Alex has been out of work for the past three days because his dad died. I thought he'd need alot more time than three days, but when I voiced this worry over the phone he reminded me how much he hates his dad.

But still, I want to make sure he's okay.

"I'm fine. How are you?" Alex asks. "Im fine. Are you though?" I ask, and he smiles, nodding his head. "Truely Diana, I am".

I look at him, before nodding. Leaning up, I peck his lips. "Good" I say.

I step back, when I catch glimpse of his hand. "Hold shit Alex" I scowl, grabbing his hand and pulling it closer to my eyes. His knuckles are all cut, as well as very badly bruised.

"What happened?" I frown, looking up at him. He shrugs. "Nothing".

"Alex this isnt nothing" I scowl, and he sighs, wrapping both his arms around my waist. "We found out some thing my dad did, and I got angry" He tells me.

"Wasn't your dad dying?" I ask, and he hums. "Well I cant say he didnt deserve a good beating on his death bed" I sigh, causing Alex to laugh.

"What did you find out?" I ask. "I'm not really ready to talk about it" Alex looks away, and I nod. "Thats okay. I'm hear if and when you are" I shoot him a smile, pulling his head down to kiss his cheek.

"Now we have a meeting in ten minutes. So chop chop" I tell him, and he groans. I laugh as I walk away and over to my desk to grab my laptop.

I sigh as I stare at the elevator again. I glare at it, hoping it breaks down and never can be fixed. 

I jump when I feel a hand on my lower back. "Sorry to interrupt...that" Alex says, nodding his head towards the elevator.

"You should be" I playfully glare, and he chuckle.

"Lets get this over with" I sigh. "We can take the stairs you know?" Alex suggests. "The meets at level forty-eight. I'm not going to ask you to go down twelve flights of stairs for me" I chuckle.

He shrugs, taking my hand and leading me towards the door to the stairs. "A little exercise wouldn't do me any harm" Alex says as he opens the door, gesturing for me to go first.

I smile, walking through it. "Thank you" I tell him while he takes my hand, and we begin going down the stairs.

"It really isnt a problem Diana" He chuckles. "Well its my silly fear-"

He stops, turning me to face him. "Dont say that Diana. You have every right to be scared after what happened" Alex tells me seriously, and I nod, look down.

"Thank you anyways" I whisper, and he kisses my forehead. "Lets get going" He tells me, and I nod.

Alex drops my hand soon after when we hear footsteps, and I frown slightly. I know I asked him to, but its still sad. I wish people weren't assholes.