Chapter 184: The strongest in the Universe

POV 3rd Person

As Iryuka and Ravel started to run to the lower level of the building, Phenex got kicked into the wall that broke by Crom Cruach. The two crashed into a nearby tree.

Crom: It's over now! You took out my partner, it's revenge time!

But as he raised his hand in order to slash Ravel with his claw, he froze, unable to make a single move.

Crom: Wh-what?!

Elmenhilde: I froze your blood.

Crom: Huh?!

The Vampire landed behind the Dragon and as she did, Ravel got back up.

Elmenhilde: Yes. When I hit you for the first time, I sent some ice magic into your blood. Although it has only been 46 seconds, it seems that this was enough to freeze your entire blood circulation. And now, we'll finish you off!

Ravel: Nice!

Iryuka was now alone in the staircase and even though she wanted to wait for the rest of her team to come back, she wasn't able to as two water Dragons appeared under her, destroying the stairs and making her fall down to the lower level.

Iryuka: Ah!

Masaomi, Xenovia and Ingvild were sitting on the tables, waiting for Iryuka to spot them.

Iryuka: What's with the pose?!

Ingvild: We just wanted to look cool for you~.

Iryuka: Tch! You won't get me like that!

She summoned two huge roots that tried to attack Ingvild however, both of them froze in place.

Ingvild: I am a Malebranch user after all. You have no way of beating me.

Iryuka got up and smirked.

Iryuka: That's what you think, however, the elemental attacks from upstairs still exist. And I control the elements.

Suddenly, attacks of every elements came from the roof. The particles of energy that stayed up there after the attacks were used an amplify by Iryuka. However, a shield of light appeared above Ingvild, protecting her from the attacks.

Iryuka: What?!

Xenovia: Like my Queen said, you have no way of defeating a Malebranch user. And there are two of them in front of you.

Both women walked towards Iryuka who took a step back. She then noticed that the second Knight wasn't there anymore.

Elmenhilde summoned a magic circle below Crom Cruach, preparing to freeze him completely.

Elmenhilde: Don't use your fire Ravel. This could make the ice melt down.

That's when the guy who was hiding in the trees acted.

Ravel: Elmen behind you!

But she was too slow. Masaomi kicked the Pawn in the chin and sent her into a tree. He then walked past the Dragon.

Masaomi: Don't worry, I'll free you.

He then rushed at Ravel and punched her away. Several attacks from the Vampire got shot at him but he dodged them all with no problem. Elmenhilde then rushed to Ravel.

Elmenhilde: He's holding back... why?

Ravel: Perhaps he lost some power from fighting Iryuka...

Elmenhilde: I'm not sure but we need to be careful...

Ravel: No let's just finish him off!

She sent out a powerful wave of fire into Masaomi.

Elmenhilde: Ravel no! Crom is in the way!