Francia looked at me with regretful eyes. She felt so guilty for taking my mother to where I was

"And you had to tell her immediately?" Styles muttered, his eyes quitting the road for a little second to glimpse at Francia.

"No, no. When I came back to the mansion, the staff was ready to leave. We had been late on the schedule, maybe four more hours than the initial agreement. Your mother arrived like a shrew because someone called her about your disappearance." She explained, rolling her eyes on me.

"So I agreed with Liam to tell her only today. He said there was a good reason to your escapade."

She raised her eyebrow towards Styles, who was next to me. His response only consisted in a little nod of the head, not ready to have a conversation, yet. Taking a deep sigh, I looked at the side of the road where houses appeared progressively, showing town was near. The noise of cars and amount of people bothered my ears that were used to the charming calm of the village.

An awkward silence weighed on the atmosphere of the car before Francia pushed her head in the middle of our seats. Her eyes scanned our faces one by one very embarrassingly.

"So, you two..." she trailed off, looking at Styles. He only chuckled as if it was funny.

"What does that laugh mean?" she carried on, poking his shoulder.

"Nothing." I responded for him, as he seemed to hesitate about revealing it or not. I decided no one else would know. Especially the open mouth Francia was.

"Now, tell me!" she pleaded again with her puppy-begging face. She could plead me in every possible way, I'd remain like a bloc of ice. Her head turned towards Styles. How dare she? The little manipulative girl.

"I'm pretty sure that Liam will tell me!" she threatened, taking her phone surely dialing Payne's phone number.

"Ok ok, put this phone away Francia! Don't ask him." My voice rose, turning around towards her.

"Tell me you guys are together!" she clapped her hands, smiling at the both of us. Styles remaining oddly calm, kept his hands firmly around the wheel and mocked at her. "You aren't?"

"No, we aren't." He finally said, smiling at me. His green eyes gauged me deep down, before continuing: "Right, Eve?"

The way he spoke made my heart jump in my chest. My mouth just hung wide open before I realized I had to reply. Why did I even hesitate?

"Yeah, yeah... we aren't together." My voice stammered, looking into the captivating eyes in front of me.

"But you guys slept together and all, right?" she seemed disappointed, but I still could feel the glimpse of hope in her dark eyes.

"Yeah but it doesn't mean anything." I immediately snapped, checking on Styles to throw back the embarrassing short question to him. "Right?"

The same hesitation that seized me one minute ago took hold of him. He nodded slowly, mumbling a little yes.

"Wait. And that girl... Erm Angela?" she continued with a worried voice.

I didn't think of her at all those days, too busy having fun with her boyfriend. Styles' features tensed up at the name. For the last two days, I totally forgot her existence. It seemed like Styles and I were alone in the world. However, leaving Mr. Julien's house made us come back to reality. The couple of days together were just ephemeral. But I guess once he'd step out of the car, I'd terribly miss him.

"You mean Angelica?" Francia nodded at me. Styles wasn't even looking at us, his eyes were darted on the road.

"Yeah, didn't you say she was your girlfriend?" she insisted, once again.