20

Rhysand had informed Madja immediately. She was at the house as soon as Mor arrived. Sage was just dead weight. It was a struggle taking her from the room.

Lucien had put up a fight in his many objections. He argued back and forth, yelled at Feyre, at anyone who even thought to go near Sage. But Feyre had to calm him down. And though she didn't do enough to sooth him entirely, she was enough to distract him for a point second before Mor was able to winnow her back to Velaris.

What unsettled everyone more than Sage's nonexistent heartbeat, but her opened eyes. No life seemed to shine through them, either.
Nesta and Elain were taken to another room, and Elain's cries of demand to see Sage were heart wrenching. But it was in their favor to not witness her state up close.

Cassian and Azriel were getting their own wounds treated, while Mor settled Sage in one of the many rooms throughout the house. Ryshand claimed it'd be best to take her furthest away from the other Archeron sisters for the moment. And she did. But even Mor was disturbed by carrying her. This wasn't how anyones first impressions of Sage was supposed to go.

She settled her on the bed the best she could. And stepped a couple feet back. She placed a hand over her mouth holding back her dread. The room was dark, lit with just a small lamp dimly waving its flames. The curtains blocked out the night sky.

"Madja will be here in a second.", Rhsyand's voice came from the door. Mor was startled at the sound. Snapping from just imagining what could of lead to this.

"Uhhh... yea. I just. She needs a new-.", Mor took a deep breath collecting herself. "I'll get a change of clothes for her, Nesta, and Elain."

And with a dip of her head, she walked right past her High Lord. And she was right. Sage's clothes were stained with dirt and blood. It looked to be originally grey, but now was permanently stained a deep red. Her pants the same state.

Ryshand knew he deserved the heartache he got when seeing her. And he didn't know what he was going to do when she woke again. Because if she hated him before, it may be difficult to heal her back to health once she found out where she was.

He stepped out of the room and raked a hand through his hair. Mor returning with a gown. There was no need to question why Ryshand had such a look on his face. But she didn't have a sense of how far back this went.

Madja was not too far behind her. She claimed that Cassian demanded her to see Sage before treating his own wounds. As much as Rhsyand wanted to protest at the thought of Sage's still body on the bed, he urged her in.

Him and Mor waited outside the door for almost an hour. Neither said anything. The only thing they heard was Elaine's sobs slowly fade out. She either drained herself from tears, or Nesta was finally able to calm her down.

The oldest Archeron didn't say a word since they returned. Of course, she didn't leave the same room as Elain but, other than that she was a blank canvas. When the knob clicked, Ryshand stood straight and hated the look on his healer's face.

Madja didn't sugar coat it, her expression was painful with the clear hint of confusion "Her scars are never going to heal fully. They were reopened on multiple counts.", she said stepping out of the room, "She's alive which is a miracle but..", she let out a deep breath.