35

Sage slept the entire next day it was close to evening when she finally woke up with an unpleasant headache. It seared through her skull before she even had the chance to open her eyes. When she finally did, and was able to withstand the strain from the light streaming into the room. She too watched at the shadow that loomed over her turned into a person.

She jerked up, and out of the covers. Standing on the other side of the bed as the person had yet to come into clear view.

And getting out of bed that fast was a mistake, for she had to balance herself on the headboard to prevent from falling over.

She was extremely vulnerable in the moment, and the only thing Sage could do without spewing her guts from the rising nausea is keep her eye on whoever it was. She was breathing heavily, her mouth dry and the after effects of alcohol danced on her taste buds. It was so prominent that her spit was just that of wine.

Eventually the room came into view. And ignoring the chaotic state of it, she made a face when she came to terms of who it was.

"Nesta?", she sighed out, releasing the fear that swallowed her just moments ago. "What are you doing in here?"

Nesta had her arms crossed. She looked at Sage her lips tight and posture stiff. But having the comfort of knowing she wasn't in immediate danger, she acknowledged the state of the room.

It was a shit show. Burn marks littered the walls. Some as small as specks of dirt, others large enough to resemble a crater. She was bewildered, ignoring the oldest Archeron completely and scoped the rest of the room.

Though Sage maintained her composure long enough, the nausea was the only thing she could think of.

Without being able to hold I down, she held up a finger to Nesta, and reached for the bucket that was conveniently placed right beside her bed. Someone was expecting her to puke.

And she utilized it, it burned her mouth as she released it. When she thought it was over, she was too weak to stand as she leaned against the edge of the bed, still sitting on the floor. Her vision went blurry again as she groaned.

Nesta was now standing in front of her.

"What is up with you?", Nesta asked in nasty snap.

"Lower you voice.", Sage whispered as she rested a hand on her head. "You're loud."

Her head was pounding as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Here.", Sage squinted to see a cup of water in her face. "Elain was asking for you last night. Where were you? I was waiting at the library for you the entire day."

Sage sighed. She recalled the previous night.

Once the fire simmered from her skin, she again sent Barachiel back to the House of Wind. Ensuring him the she'd be fine.

She roamed the streets as the sun was starting to die down. Creating a beautiful hue of orange and red across the sky. Like before, the crowd of fae started to grow thicker, like the awaiting moon was their very own sun.

She was on the track to visit Isidora again. She's become a regular. Sometimes only there to sit in one of the booth and look out the window. She found comfort in jut being there. During this time of day, it's when those who were staying in the day leave, the gap between then and the incoming night fae looking for fun was enough time for Sage to sit in peace.