41

The throne room all stood still. As if any sudden movement would be there last. The gurgling of the male faded after a few seconds confirming all in all that he was in fact dead. Sage's hands were trembling by her side, contradicting her malice expression.

All eyes were on her, littered with fear.

  You've been holding your breath for the past 5 minutes.

Barachiel, like a warning sign, informed her. It sounded disappointed by her showcase with an undertone of impressed. Sage did release that breath, her hands slowly relaxing at her side as she turned to face  Feyre and Rhysand again.

They both were looking at her, hiding every hint of fear and shock to avoid their own court from realizing this was new to them as well.

"Don't you know.", Rhysand addressed the still crowd, "It's not polite to touch a lady without permission."

Sage cleared her throat and made her way back over to Nesta and Amren, like she didn't just kill a man. Amren had a smirk on her face, Nesta neutral.

"Play nice.", she heard Feyre announce. The display of power from both females was unimaginative. Yet, only one had the care enough not to want to spill blood. The other, already had blood on her hands. Another Fae wasn't going to weigh down on her consciousness. And the questions just continued to hang thick in the air.

Sage was a tail. She followed Amren up to the dais as the short female bowed to the High Lord, "By your leave High Lord."

Sage looked to Nesta, and oldest Archeron finding her eyes. And in one quick hand motion Nesta signed.

"What the fuck?"

In return, Sage couldn't help the slight upturn of her lips. She just shrugged it off not really aware of what she just did either. At the final finish of the High Lord. Sage and Nesta were contrasting life and death as they followed behind Amren.

One with the stare of death and the promise of much more. The other with the display of everything graceful with the truth hidden under the implication of white hair strands and scars.

  That wasn't the brightest idea.

Barachiel snapped on Sage as soon as she stepped out from the throne room.

And why not?

Sage gave him the same intensity. An exaggerated huff echoed in her mind.

You've read the book. You know what you are, once words gets out that not only is the Cauldron close to its final reign, but it's life forms have already been awakened, your bounty will increase. More than it already is. And you still yet to know how to defend yourself.

A heavy set feeling sunk in Sage's chest. She didn't think the book was... true. And if it was, how the hell did she end up being one of them.

  She hardly lingered on the fact that she was in fact half mortal- half fae. A hybrid. Her mother was mortal, that simple truth wasn't hard to come up with... but her father. Sage hardly knew him.