36

She recognized his eyes. There was no mistaking it. She just didn't know where from. The male had auburn hair that reached the top of his shoulders.  And his features, Sage only briefly looked over him. He was High Fae, the tip of his ears that poked from behind his strands were indicator enough.

There was a sort of distant knock in the back of her head. It was too faded for her to react at all to it, but Sage did feel it. Some sort of pressure that wanted to be release. And it was a new feeling.

And he was staring at her. Like to the point Sage couldn't ignore how intense it was. It didn't make her uncomfortable, it was as if he was appreciating the sight before him. A stranger taking in everything he could like she would vanish in a split second.

Feyre caught on to the lingering gaze as did everyone else. A sort of hope sparked into her as she looked back at Lucien who clearly forgot that anyone else was in the room.

"Sage this is-.", she started with the intent for Lucien to finish the introduction but neither got the chance.

"I don't care.", Sage interrupted quickly, breaking her gaze. She looked back to her friend who's eyes flashed a bit of shock. This was not how she expected Sage to react at all. Especially in the face of someone new.

As teens, Sage was the one to first engage with people out of all the Archerons. Her charm, kindness, and overall friendly demeanor was what really made her successful. And when they fell into poverty, Sage would help Feyre with trading, this was hardly something she'd say.

"But-.", Feyre once again gestured to him and Sage didn't even bother to look back over. But then Feyre realized something. Rhysand had told her Sage hardly spoke of that day. The day the King of Hybern put her on display.

If she couldn't remember that, she definitely wouldn't remember the declare from her mate. He was just another male to her.

Sage wished it was as easy to ignore the male the same as she was ignoring the High Lord. But it wasn't. She still felt his lingering gaze, and caught her by surprise when she too felt the hurt at her denial.

Was it from her or him?

Shaking her head slightly, Sage cleared her throat. "You have so much explaining to do.", she told Feyre, a playful tone back into her voice. The last time she saw Feyre, she was fragile, hardly had any confidence in her step. But before Sage, was her friend who bloomed into herself m.

And though she'll gather details later, all she knew was a sense of proudness consumed her. Feyre gave a soft smile, "As do you. Especially about what happened last night.", she kept that last sentence in a low whisper.

Sage's lips pulled back into a thin line. "Baby steps.", she said as flash memories of her downing an obscene amount of alcohol crossed her thoughts.

Feyre nodded her head, keeping the same warm tone as she saw Nesta walking into the dining area not too far behind. Sage followed her gaze and found Nesta to be looking at her sharply. Like an over bearing sister.

"You didn't wake her up did you?", Feyre asked her older sister, a plead in her tone.

When they all used to live together, Nesta truly was Sage's replacement mother. She'd treat her as if she was her own child. Granted Sage was well enough to care for her own-self, Nesta dabbled in lecturing her from time to time on certain manners. Going into the woods by herself, not telling people when she left the house, manners. It was the little things that piled up that soon had Sage and Nesta's relationship a unique contrast between friends and family.