34

Feyre had finally returned. It was a long time coming and everyone apart of the Night Courts Inner circle was relieved to have their High Lady back.

And of course, it was no time before she was asking to see her sisters and Sage. Lucien remained in another room of the House of Wind, waiting for his cue to finally... after all this time see his mate.

  It was expected that Sage would be in the library with them. She always was. So when everyone walked in and didn't see the female, Rhsyand immediately shot a look to Azriel before his spymaster gave him a quick nod and disappeared into his shadows.

Thankfully, Feyre was distracted for the time being by the reunion with her sisters, she gave him time. Nesta was lounging in one of the many cushion seats that scattered the library, a book covering her face. Either she didn't hear them come in, or she ignored Feyre, Rhys, and Cassian.

She didn't even flinch. But as their presence still lingered, she reluctantly peeked from over the top of her novel, no sense of welcome in her eyes. "So, you're back.", she returned her focus to her book, flipping a page.

There was an empty chair that was just across from her, a stack of books sitting directly in front of them. And they've been sitting there untouched since Nesta put them there. Waiting for their intended reader.

Feyre took a deep breath. This was worse than when she returned home. The walls were able to sense the change in her sister. She didn't need to get more intimidating.

"What do you want?", Nesta spat as the silence carried. "Is there a purpose to this visit?"

"Well at least, immortality didn't change you.", Feyre said. Nesta visibly stiffened, but she didn't look up and flipped another page. It was hard to continue. Feyre felt the comforting wave trail down the bond as she took a step forward. Rhys at her tail. Cassian stood to the side, never breaking his gaze from the oldest Archeron.

He spoke up with a smirk as he lingered on the tittle of her book, "I wouldn't have pegged you for a romance reader.", he stepped within arms reached and plucked the book from her fingertips, flying through the pages, "This is the daily routine. You haven't missed much while you were off destroying our enemies. Well, this and-."

Don't mention Sage until Azriel finds her.

Cassian closed his mouth as he too tilted his head back to the empty chair behind him. Now realizing the Sage wasn't there. That and the books, they were no romance books in front of it. Nothing Nesta would read.

Nesta didn't catch Cassian's slip up, she drew her attention to her sister, "You accomplished it?"

Feyre tried to keep her frustration down just at the mention of her time back at the Spring Court. "We'll see how it plays out. I made sure Ianthe suffered."

Nesta gave a kurt nod. She didn't say anything, but it was clear that fury burned behind her eyes. Though she didn't act on it, instead she just rose an eyebrow and gave a mean look to the male closest to her. "I'll ask again. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you.", Feyre spoke softly, giving away her true concern, "See how you all were doing."

Nesta sneered, "See if I've found myself grateful for becoming one of them?", she had a sharp look to her as she peered at Feyre. Rhysand taking one more step closer to Feyre, a gesture that hadn't gone unnoticed.