54

Sage immediately retreated and tucked behind the corner of the wall. She saw the eyes of not just the High Lord of the Night Court, but all of his underlings as well, including Feyre. Why is it now that she wishes to avoid them, she is finding them every where she turned?

She squeezed her eyes shut now having to play her next move. By the look of his face Tarquin wasn't that much of a fan like she was of Rhysand. That ruled out him leering her here to ship her back to the court.

"I thought you said she wasn't here", she heard Rhysand say with a low menacing tone. One that Sage clenched her fist at. Who was he to demand where she was? The nails clawed into the skin of her palms close to cutting skin. 

"I told you I didn't know her whereabouts. She's free to roam my lands without being forced to your liking. And I don't think she's paritcullary a fan of you Rhysand.", Tarquin snarled. Sage rose her eyebrows hearing the discrepancy between the two individuals. This was the first time she's heard anyone clap back to it and the satisfying bubble that eased her let her stay instead of run away.

"Do you realize how important she is-."

"And do you realize that it's not as simple as asking someone to sacrifice the remainder of their mortal being for a war."

And the tension was back. She let that phrases sink in. "Sacrafice?", she mumbled to herself as a means. Like she hasn't sacrfices enough already.

"I'm sorry what?", a new voice pounded.

As much as Barachial had warned her about the news of her being spread. It's clear that the word has gone around. Of course that had everything to do with the only people who knew. She wasn't surprised after all The Night Court has done for her, it being little to nothing, it was bound to happen.

Sage took a deep breath and walked back around the corner, seeing the new faces spread across the room. She was still in her thigh-length gown, belt wrapped around her waist. A signature that she's learned to loved. Her hair a cloud atop her head, spreading in a oddly neat fashion.

She ignored the stares as she scanned along the
powerful High Lords. She tried to point names to the description that she's heard. But tried to find one in particular. Not the High Lord of the Night Court. She's already set her unamused opinion on him.

Green eyes, long blonde hair.

Her eyes locked to him and did a glance over. She didn't care what occurred between him and Feyre. But he had a role to play in how she ended up here.

Tamlin's eyebrows pinched just slightly. Breaking from the hard aura he maintained before the one he loved.

"Tamlin right?", Sage asked, her voice demanding. Like her question was soon to follow up with a lecture. He merely blinked at her as if she was a fly on the wall. She was nothing more than a corpse when she was shown to them at Hybern.

Blotched with dirt and blood till the point of unfamiliarity. She filled out, and more to it her features were an exact contrast to what she used to be.

Sage stared with impatience, before flicking to Tarquin, "Am I really some sort of pawn for this show and tell you have set up?"