28

(Just put together a quick collage of miss girl :)

"I thought I made myself clear.", Sage said over her shoulder as she was walking along the thick vegetated forest. She could see through the peek of the large tree trunks, the city that she's been admiring for the past few weeks.

To think it was ruled by him.

She had to flex her palms at just the thought made her blood boil.

She had to move her hair from her eyes to see where she was stepping. Cassian didn't stop as he was too watching her in awe at her sending a cloud back into the sky.

"I-."

"Save it.", she said sharply. Stepping over a branch. The sound of rushing water, filled her ears. She stepped out, letting the sun kiss her skin. The air was thick with so much, that she had trouble pinpointing what to focus on.

The smell of pastries tickling her nose, the sound of a drum beating in a slow rythm.

Velaris.

The sun was slowly setting along then horizon and still the moon and the stars were already making their presence known. The power behind the arms of the Night Court being just that.

She stepped out of the forest and looked alonged the paved path that were littered with fae. Some looked like her. Mortals with defined ear tips. Others were different shades of out of range colors. Blue... grey.

She was behind of the many buildings that lined the street and she felt unlike herself just standing their looking around. Studying what the Fae of this city were like. As if she was a child stepping outside for the first time in her 23 years of living.

She was calm. Looking out with true curiosity. Her eyes not missing one. The fae were all sort of ages. She'd been used to just male guards in her time at Hybern. But before her were children, older looking fae, and all in between.

One of the children passing by caught sight of her. Leaning on the edge of the building. She was ready to play it off and look away. But the bright blue nature of the child's eyes grew with awe and wonder. The mother was holding her hand, but she slowed down at the sight of Sage.

And waved. A innocent smile on her face.

Sage froze. Almost daring to look behind her and see if Cassian happened to approach in sight of the child. But he was hidden in the bundle of trees behind her.

Sage gave one short wave. No smile. But just for the slightest second, her body was relaxed. And then just like that she was back on guard when she adverted her gaze.

"I've yet to see an Illyrian.", Sage said, speaking to the male behind her. Though she didn't move her eyes from the path where slowly and oddly enough the number of Fae were starting to increase. The night welcoming those out of their homes.  "Why's that?"

Cassian stepped from out of the trees  and carefully walked up to the building adjacent to the one Sage was leaning against. He too supported himself with the building.

"There are a few. Not so common here.", he said his voice holding the same calm aura. Sage finally made eye contact with Cassian. She rose an eyebrow, "Where are they common?"