42

Before a split second of silence could spread through the room. Sage shook her head, "Don't go quiet now!?", she stretched out her arms. Everyone looked at Sage with either a shocked or confused expression. Lucien, however, was engaged. Listening intently. But one thing in common was the scorching temperature that started to settle across the room. Mor cringed at the familiar feeling, a shiver trickling down her spine.

Azriel and Cassian went stiff at the familiarity of the situation. But the difference was, both their High Lord and Lady was the target of the mysterious being before them. One that Amren couldn't even define. Who in question was watching; studying. Not bothered by her release of power but studying it like she'd be quizzed later.

Rhsyand didn't hide it as he stepped in front of Feyre. But Sage had no problem looking over his shoulder at the fearful blue-grey eyes.

"Sage what are you talking about?", she whispered and then looked up to the back of her mate's head. The lights in the living area flickered as Sage tilted and narrowed her eyes.

"Oh, don't ask me?", she let out an amused chuckle. "Ask your mate. Matter fact. You wanted to talk so bad, lets talk."

"You don't want to do this.", Rhysand shook his head. It sounded like a warning, one that Sage shook her head at.

"I do.", She pointed to Nesta on the other side of the room. She was standing beside Amren with a similar look to that when Sage first released her powers. It was like she was transfixed by the presence. "Almost a year ago, you fell of the face of the mortal lands with your sister banging on my door to help find you... and let me guess, you were in the Spring Court. With Tamlin?"

Sage blinked and her eyes turned into a sheen black just before fading back to her normal hazel. It was connecting and she hated how she missed it before. And by the looks of the two other Illyrian males, them confused as what to do next, they knew too. This only burned onto the fury that was hidden within her.

In fact, Sage realized, the fury was never hidden. It's been suppressed. She's tried to play on an act. The mask of the person she used to be. The mortal who had a trustworthy friend. The mortal happily in love, expecting nothing but a bright future ahead of her. But, it's hard to play the role of someone complete opposite of who you are.

She's not mortal. She's not happy. And damn sure not friends with the person she used to know. Especially as the name she just spat caused a wave of anger to cross her face. And as the wheels were turning in Sage's brain a tick caused her to straighten.

"You were in love with him?"

Another snarl ripped through the room. The 2nd one  and Sage was waiting for the third so she could skip the talk.

Everyone else except her, Feyre, and the High Lord seemed to be frozen in place by the thickened tension. That or the name. Tamlin.

"You were in love with him...", she repeated herself causing Feyre to flinch.

"Don't speak of him." Feyre said. Gone was the kind and sympathetic voice. Instead, Feyre met Sage's eyes and wore a stern expression. As if Sage would ever listen.

"No!", Sage snapped, "I have every right to say his name, because you're mates lover and everyone else in that hell hole thought I was the one sleeping with him. Why is that, Feyre?"