26

The time with Brachiel being apart of her, Sage has learned that it... had a lot of personality for a being. A guide.

So when her eyes turned black. Everyone stood straighter. Like Sage commanding an army. But this was due to the sudden thick wave of heat that envelopes the hall. Like they were in the middle of a forest fire without the inclusion of smoke.

Sage herself looked different. Ryshand had to hide the chills that coursed down his spine when, gone was Sage's defensive stance m. The head shaking. The emotions in her face.

She stood straight. Face blank. As if someone just turned off a switch to herself and welcomed in the dark.

Azriel had informed him of what was going on with her. Her nightly calls upon the stars. The sparks in her palms. But even talking with Amren, she had no clue what they were talking about.

The space was utterly still. No one dared to move an inch.

A defeated sigh echoed inside her head.

They have siphons. Look at the two males knuckles.

No one could tell where Sage was looking for their was no pupil to indicate. But she did spare a glance down to Azriel and Cassians knuckles where they did in fact have siphons. A beautiful blue and red. They flickered.

They have the power to cause harm. Don't approach the High Lord. Slowly lower yourself to the ground and place a palm flat on it.

Sage was still. She looked over everyone. But she did follow Barachiel's instructions. Everyone watched her carefully, as she slowly bent down.

When she placed her palm on the ground. Immediately tendrils of white lines shot from them. They snaked through the floor in lightening speed. The hall itself dimming to a near dark-setting. It was like watching the floor boards light up with strings of white fire.

Everyone was dumbfounded, by the u expected action. They thought her promise of death would involve anything else. But this is something not even Ryshand had seen before.

"Sage I-.", Ryshand had to winnow away at the sudden call from Azriel.

"Rhys! Get Back!"

The white illuminated tendrils had just reach the bottom of his foot before he disappeared. Cassian and Azriel weee on guard. But Sage was awfully faster. Ryshand barely materialize back further down the hall before the white lines had made it to him.

The hall was unbearably hot and was getting darker by the second.

"You.....", Sage said, her voice cocooned in death. She had her gaze unmoving from the High Lord. And he had nothing to look at but the black abyss in her eyes. This one of the few instances he had a inch of fear for his life. That he may have to flee. Because he knew one thing. He refused to cause harm to her.

Not more than he already did.

"You bastard.", she whispered. It was laced in and icy snap. And Nesta had to pull Elain back to the room they were in. Elain cried and wailed in protest. This was the second time being dragged away from Sage.