96

______________________________

***

In consideration, I should be glad
I've got more love than I could have asked for

***

_______________________________

Chapter 96

Harry's Pov.

I could bite my tongue better than anyone these days. However, sitting across from these two rich and entitled assholes while they plead their case to my girl is having me taste the blood from my tongue.

"I hear you, but you're still not explaining why you left me there." Renny got straight to the point, my hand rubbing her thigh, letting her know i'm right here and can shut this shit down at anytime if she needs me to.

Her sad excuse for a biological mother looked like she didn't want to say.

"We didn't know we were having twins." She said quietly and Renny just sat, waiting for her to continue, but she didn't. "Okay?" Ren questioned and I slowly understood the simple excuse for such a big fuck up.

"You weren't prepared. You didn't want two kids." I spoke, for the first time since we got here. "No it...it wasn't that. It was just..."

I was right...and I fucking hated that in this moment.

"And what was the deciding factor between us?" She asked with a snip to her voice, but I already knew the answer.

"Legacy." I answered. "A sad excuse for one, but one nonetheless. You wanted a boy to carry on your name."

I came to realize shortly after hiring Liam to race, and much before finding out he was Renny's brother, that his family owned many business's in Northern England.

"So stability wasn't the issue."

Liam looked at her with confusion but no one else did.

"How did you know what the record said?" Renae asked her daughter. "Because I had some very rough friends who did very nice things for me. Some of those things you'd probably be thrilled to hear about. Which one do you wanna hear first, how I attempted robbery before I was even a teen or how I was a drug addict for a while? Both are equally as amusing."

I tightened my hand on Renny's thigh, not liking her comment about it being amusing. Her overdosing is anything but amusing.

"Or, we can talk about how I got shot at my foster home. That one's pretty wild too. Daddy dearest was the one to do it too. Classic, right? Well, maybe not in your world but you not only dropped me off at an orphanage, you dropped me off at the shittiest one in Queens. I was bound to end up the way I did."

Renaes eyes were glossy while Lewis looked away.

"But you know what? While I never want any type of relationship with you, I do want to say thank you. I met one of my favorite people in the world through being an orphan and he helped me more than anyone ever had at that point. I've lived with him ever since and he's kept me alive more than my own blood relative parents ever cared to. So thank you for that."

Mick.

I kept rubbing her thigh and she let her hand go down and wrapped it around mine.

It's time to go.