10

_________________________________

***

I know you can't believe me 'cause I never tell the truth but, oh
I wish that you could just see that it's only to protect you, now

***
____________________________________
**TW: brief mention of sexual assault**

CHAPTER 10

Renny's Pov.

It's been four days since Harry walked into my apartment with Gerald there. I've worked everyday since Monday, it's now Thursday and Harry has been a different fucking breed of human since then. He has come into work everyday and left everyday with a different girl.

I noticed two of them as waitresses, ironically enough, but the other one I didn't recognize. They would just come in close to closing and ask for Harry. Harry would conveniently make out with them in front of me and leave with them.

I don't know what his goal is or if he's always like this but kept this part to himself, but it's been strange.

As if on cue, Enid walked in as we got closer to closing.

She looked at me and smiled before walking to Harry's office.

He's relentless.

"Is he always like this?" I asked Edie as he counted down the register. "Well, not to my knowledge but recently this week it's been pretty consistent huh?"

You can say that again.

"It seems that way." I said with a chuckle.

Harry has also barely spoken a word to me and anything he does say is extremely rude or very harsh. I'm gonna look for a new job because without working the events, getting paid what I am to get treated like shit by him just isn't worth it.

After Harry saying I will get killed, it caused me to distance myself from Gerald a bit. Just until I can figure out what's going on with him that would make Harry say that. It kind of worried me honestly.

When he said he would laugh if I got killed, that kind of struck something in me. It didn't feel nice to hear that. Even though it came from an asshole like him, I didn't genuinely think he hated me until that moment. 

I still like Gerald though and he's been pretty much texting me consistently. He knows i've been distant and he asked to see me tonight. I probably won't though.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Edie and he nodded with a smile. "Do you know much about Gerald Grimaldi?"

He took his eyes away from the money and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Well...not much to be honest. I know Harry doesn't like him. He has a business on the side of some sort. Pretty much all I know." He told me before going back to counting money.

What kind of business on the side? He's never mentioned it. I mean we don't talk about his work at all really but still, if he had a whole ass business you'd think he'd mention it.