3

________________________________

***

Should I have seen the bad, bad writing on the wall?
Well I've still got time

****

_________________________________

CHAPTER 3

Renny's Pov.

"Can I get you anything else?" "Just my total, sweet thing." The older, very southern man, told me. "Of course." I smiled as I went to the register to cash out his tab.

The past week and a half have been surprisingly calm. I make more than a normal waitress / bartender and I get pretty good tips. It's hasn't been that bad. And it's been even better since I haven't seen the british fucker since that day he came in.

According to Edie, he doesn't come in often. Mostly just when an event gets close. Still don't know what the fuck these 'events' are. He doesn't elaborate and I don't ask. As long as Harry isn't here, it's fine by me. I hope the next event is far far away so I don't have to see him anytime soon.

I handed the man his check, which he graciously left a $100 on, leaving me with a $30 tip. Gotta love a good southern man every once in a while. Getting called sweet thing in a non sexual way and getting $30 for serving 5 drinks is my definition of a good time.

"Yeah, no it's alright. I understand. I'll let him know." Edie spoke on the phone as he walked from the back office towards me, behind the bar.

He hung up and huffed.

"Everything okay?" I asked as I cleaned up the spot where the man was just sat at. "Yeah. We have an event in four days and two of our waitresses can't come." He told me and I nodded.

Well I guess far far away is in 4 days. I hope the british fucker stays away from me when he comes in.

I'm also a bit confused because I thought they didn't have many employees. I guess these events are different.

"Oh, i'm sorry. Will you not have enough without them?" I asked and he sighed with a head shake as his fingers typed fast on his phone. "Big mans gonna be so pissed." He said with a laugh.

'Big man' is always pissed. Pretty sure he always has his panties in a twist.

"So what are these events?" I asked as I finally felt it was a good time to ask. "Well...." He paused. "It's kinda of a...card game, poker night, harmless fun thing that they have every so often. A bunch of people attend though and we need cocktail waitresses. We try and keep the same ones over and over. These two girls always waitress but they had something come up though and it's a good excuse so I can't be mad. He sure will be though." He said, i'm assuming referring to Harry.

"I mean...I can help." I shrugged and his eyes shot up to meet mine.

He stayed silent for a minute as if he was contemplating.

Was that the wrong thing to say?

"I mean...you make pretty great tips. These men at the events...they have a lot of money."