78

______________________________

***

It's been a while since you and I been where we started

***
______________________________

Chapter 78

Harry's Pov.

"The layout is looking nice." Edie smiled, his cheery attitude being the only thing that's actually somewhat of a positive influence on me these days.

"Yeah, I like it. I wanna extend the right side out a little more before the walls go up. Other than that, I think it's pretty solid. They'll start the walls and roof next week." "They'll have this thing up and ready in a month, no doubt."

Honestly, he's probably right. And that made me a little nervous.

"The machines and tables should be all in within the next two to three weeks. I don't wanna delay the opening. The fucking city and papers have been asking every fucking day when the opening is and truthfully, I have no fucking clue." "I think that's become a bit of an adjective for you."

I smirked, knowing he meant my excessive use of the word 'fucking'. It's a stressful time, I like to think i'm allowed to say fucking a few fucking times in a sentence.

"Take me or leave me." I shrugged which made him laugh and pat me on the back like he always does.

"Alright, i'll leave ya then. Headed out big man." He said and I chuckled, shaking my head. "Be safe!" I told him as he was already half way out of here. "Will do!"

I'm selling the bar, or fucking trying to. I want it off my hands, although it's weirdly sentimental to me. Not the fucking point though, i'm selling it. I closed down the 'casino' and now we're opening an actual, and legal, casino. There's not many within the state itself and it does have to be on certain grounds within the city so we're a little on the outskirts, but honestly I think it'll be best here. Apparently people are excited about it because fucking news outlets won't get off of my ass about when we're opening and how many slot machines we'll have along with amenities etc.

It's a lot.

I wanted to get out of all my illegal shit. Although I do still invest in the illegal casino in Oakland, although I never attend the events, and I am going to pull out of that soon enough. It rakes in money but truthfully, not that much. It's really no point in risking jail for $20,000 a month. I can do without.

Whenever i'm in the fucking work mood and have all of this to do, like overseeing the work being done, making out plans and spread sheets for what needs to be done, it really fucking occupies my mind. I need it.

Because as soon as I leave here and get in my fucking car, my mind is gonna go to her and i'm gonna be sitting like a stalker outside of her work at the first bit of anxiety I feel.

I can't fucking help it. She's like medicine.

Renny's Pov.

Walking into work at 9am and knowing you won't be off until past 10pm is almost bittersweet. Like fuck yeah, can't wait to make money. But then also like, fuck i'm gonna be tired.

At least I enjoy it for the most part.

Now i've been here for 4 hours and i'm already ready to take a nap.

"Hey Ren, I forgot to tell you I booked an appointment for you this morning. It was a call in." Tate, our receptionist/front desk girl, told me.

"Oh, okay. For when? Today? I can't take anymore today." "No, he asked about today but I told him you were booked from start to finish so he wanted next Friday."

Thank fuck.

"Okay that's good, thank you!" I told her and she hummed as she chewed her gum loudly. She does that. It's just like, I don't know, her thing I guess.

Another 30 minutes went by and my client left but I have another one arriving in about 15 so I just tried to relax a little. I get overwhelmed really easily these days and especially on days like these where I definitely take on too much at once.

I heard Tate call me again so I opened my curtain and went to the front.

"Here's your lunch."

She handed me a bag from the place I used to like getting wontons from in Staten Island.

"I didn't order lunch."

She shrugged and looked at the tag.

"Crab wontons, soup and parmesan bread. Renny." She read off but I was just fucking confused.

"I didn't order this...I don't know if I should eat it." I chuckled but as soon as I smelt it, I was ready to devour it.

"I mean...might as well." She laughed and honestly, I couldn't disagree, so I went back to my station and pulled it all out.

I haven't had this in a long time. Since the last time Edie got it for me when I was still at the bar.

I really miss him so much. So much.

I slowly ate, getting a strange feeling over not knowing who sent this. Did Edie? I mean I doubt it, he doesn't know where I work. None of them do. And if he did, he would've came and brought it to me himself. Because I mean, why wouldn't he? Or at least left a note saying it was him.

I grabbed the bag and looked at the receipt. It only had the order printed out along with my name.

Maybe it was Shi or Mick. It honestly probably was. I don't know why they'd bring me lunch but whatever.

I crumbled up the bag and threw it in the trash, seeing the receipt crumble up too but this time I could see the back of the receipt had writing on it.

I pulled it out and straightened it out before seeing the words someone had written on it.

"in case you have a busy day, don't forget to eat. here's lunch."

What the fuck?

"Hey Tate?" "Yeah?"

I walked out of my stall and walked to the front.

"Who brought this in?" "Some guy. He had a delivery shirt on. Blonde hair." She shrugged and I nodded, not really happy with that answer because it explains nothing.

"Oh okay."

I spent the rest of the day wondering who sent me that because I know it can't fucking be him.

It's not him.

I haven't seen or heard from him in close enough to a fucking year. And I wouldn't think for a second it was even a possibility it could be him.

But I don't know why that fucking handwriting looks so familiar.