66

TW: violence/DV/childhood trauma
________________________________

***

Oh, you left me there
I waste my breathe on a prayer, you don't care

***

_________________________________

Chapter 66

Renny's Pov.

Harry pulled up in front of the apartment, my anxiety getting the best of me as I remembered what I have to do this morning.

"Bar at 11?" He suddenly asked, which he never does but whatever. "Yeah." I said with a little smile as he parked out front.

Truthfully I'll probably be a little late but Edie never minds considering we're never busy in the mornings.

He nodded slowly as I grabbed my bag and put it on my shoulder.

"Okay, i'll see you later at the bar?" I asked and he nodded but he just seemed so off.

I don't know what he's doing today or if I even want to know but, that thought alone made me sad.

I opened my door and leaned over to kiss him,

"Okay, see you soon." I told him but as I started to get out, he grabbed my hand.

"Renny, what're you doing tonight?"

I looked back at him and slowly sat completely in the car again.

"Huh?" "Tonight. What are you doing?"

I swallowed in nervousness but didn't make it noticeable.

"I'm going to eat with Cyril in the-" "Renny don't lie to me right now."

Don't fucking tell me he knows i'm meeting Gerald. He would fucking kill me before Gerald even had the chance.

"What're you..." "Keith. I heard you last night. Talking to him. Question is why?"

I felt my heart rate picking up.

"I just-" "You can tell me if you're not doing good Renny. I mean...are you using again? I don't-" "Am I using again?" I interrupted.

I know I had to have heard that wrong.

"Baby i'm only asking because he was your dealer and you're secretly calling him-" "Fuck you Harry."

I got out and tried to hold back tears as I walked to the doors of the building.

No one will ever understand what it's like to be accused of something like that when it's not true. It's very fucking obvious when someone is using again. I'm with him all the fucking time. I think he'd know.

"Ren!" I heard his voice yell before his arm grabbed mine. "Don't do that. Don't." He said as he turned me to him.

"Do you realize what you just accused me of?" "I didn't accuse you of anything, I asked. I'm sorry if it seemed otherwise but when you call your ex drug dealer and lie to me about it, of course i'm gonna think it's a possibility something is going on."