79

______________________________

***

And there's no one to blame but me

***

_________________________________

Chapter 79

Renny's Pov.

"Let me take you home?" "Mav, I learned once again from the last time I rode with you. So no." "No! I drove really well last time!" He argued and truthfully, that was kinda true, but he did almost run over two people on a crosswalk.

"No thanks." I laughed, grabbing my bag and heading towards the door. "See you guys tomorrow." I smiled to everyone and walked out of the front door, the busy sounds of the streets filling my ears.

Staten Island doesn't have busy streets like these. Well, it does, but it's not on the same level obviously. The loud noises kinda brings me back to being a kid. I heard these noises everyday. It also reminds me of...staying with Harry. His place was so high up but sometimes you could hear all the sirens and horns. Especially at night. I would notice them a lot when we were in bed. I wake up a lot during the night and kept his room fairly quiet, except for me always making him keep the fan by his tv on so I could have noise. I remember watching him during those times I would wake up and hearing sirens.

It used to scare me a little as a kid. Not knowing where they were going or if it was someone who had gotten killed near us or the alleys we were sleeping in.

It made me so nervous.

When I would hear them at Harry's...even though I was literally being watched and on the verge of being sex trafficked the whole time, I had never felt more safe.

I saw my eyes getting foggy so I blinked away that shit because it doesn't matter anymore.

I drank the rest of my iced tea I had from earlier, sipping until that annoying little sound happens that signals 'you're fucking done, stop sipping'.

I looked down the street a little, trying to remember where the trash is at, walking down the street a little to find it. They should really have more trash cans. Or recycle bins for that.

I tossed it in the trash, seeing a guy that was sitting on some steps across from it, get up quickly and walk away, me never catching his face but something felt weird.

He looked familiar.

He was walking too fast on this busy ass street, knocking into a woman.

"I'm sorry." I barely heard his quiet and deep british voice from him being a bit away from me, but I fucking heard it.

That's Harry.

I know his voice too fucking well.

What in the fuck is he doing here? Did he see me? Did he mean to see me?

Did he mean to run away like that? What did I ever fucking do to him? I don't understand anything.

Don't fucking hyperventilate Renny. Not right now.

I watched him walk until he turned down an alley.