Chapter 69

Heidi had went to bed with Steve as she did every night. She curled up against his chest happily, her bump resting on his abs and his arms securely around her. When she woke up hours later, realizing it was the middle of the night and she had not been woken up yet by Bucky, she worried. There hadn't been a single night that nightmares hadn't woken him up, she began to worry that he was trapped in a nightmare. She wiggled out of Steve's arms and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sugar? You okay?" Steve asked when he saw her sitting on the edge of the bed. He quickly sat up and sat beside her, his arm wrapping around her.

"I haven't heard Bucky tonight, I'm worried." Heidi admitted. Steve made a quiet laugh. He stood up, gently pulling Heidi to her feet. He followed behind her while she walked across the penthouse to Bucky's room. He stayed a ways back while she peeked her head into his room. She was surprised when he was wide awake, a book in his hands and his lamp by the bed being the only light on in the room.

"Are you alright?" Bucky asked when he looked up at saw Heidi's head poking into his room. Heidi nodded and let herself in. She sat on the edge of the bed beside him. "Why aren't you sleeping?" She asked.

"Why aren't you?" Bucky asked. He closed his book, sitting it on the nightstand and pulling Heidi into his lap, against his chest. "You need to be sleeping, my nephew can't come out with bags under his eyes." He said with a quiet laugh.

Heidi curled into his chest, laying her head against his bare chest. "Don't turn this around on me. Why aren't you asleep?" She asked again.

Bucky let out a quiet sigh. "I don't like being woken up screaming every night. I was hoping if I just didn't sleep, I could avoid it." He admitted.

Heidi stared up at him with a heartbroken expression. She lightly kissed his cheek. "Dear, that's not how this works." She said with a small sigh. "How about tomorrow we try me staying in here all night?" She offered.

"You do stay all night, unless I wake up before Steve.." Bucky countered.

"No, sweetie. How about tomorrow I just come in here for bed?" Heidi repeated her offer.

Bucky let out a quiet sigh, staring down at Heidi. "I already feel terrible for taking you away from Steve every night." He admitted hesitantly.

"It's okay. We just want to help you. Can I make a suggestion you may not like?" Heidi asked, Bucky nodded. "How about the three of us stay in Steve and I's room?" She asked.

"You want me to share a bed with my best friend?" Bucky asked with a raised eyebrow. Heidi chuckled quietly but nodded. "I think you'll sleep better if I'm there, and you feel bad for hogging me. This is a compromise?" She explained.

Bucky let out a quiet sigh, but nodded in agreement. "If I end up in a framed picture in your office, I'm going to be pissed." He joked.

"You don't want a cute picture of us to take with you to Wakanda?" Heidi teased back, pretending to pout. Bucky rolled his eyes at her, kissing her forehead lightly. "Don't try to guilt trip me." He said with a quiet laugh.

"Why? Was it working?" Heidi asked with a laugh. She yawned quietly, covering her mouth with her hand and further curling into his bare chest.

Bucky laughed. He readjusted in the bed to lay down, keeping Heidi on his chest. "Yes." He admitted. He kissed Heidi's forehead again before laying his head down on the pillow. "Go to sleep." He insisted.

The next day seemed to breeze by, Bucky was nervous and uncomfortable at even thinking about sharing a bed with his best friend and his wife. He was even more nervous that Steve didn't even mention it once during the day, like it was something normal for them. He was curious if this was a normal thing. He knew that Heidi slept with Clint and Thor before their wedding day, but he never heard about her and Steve sleeping with anyone else.