Chapter 64

Steve had to run to SHIELD for a meeting with Fury about Zemo and the entire situation. He promised it would only be an hour or two. Steve refused to go to the meeting at all, but Heidi insisted he was okay. She insisted that even if she went into labor, SHIELD was on the way to the hospital. Reluctantly, he agreed to go to the meeting with Fury. He knew she was safe. He also knew she was with Bucky, so she wasn't alone if she needed help. But he was worried she would need him or go into labor while he was gone.

Heidi and Bucky took over the common room, watching Thirteen Ghosts together and happily snacking. Heidi had her feet in Bucky's lap as she leaned against the arm of the couch.

"I need to stand. My legs feel like they're asleep." Heidi said out loud with a huff.

Bucky picked her feet up off of his lap and jumped up. He grabbed ahold of Heidi and lifted her off the couch before flopping back down in his seat. Heidi moved to lean against the wall. She put both hands on her bump, rubbing it while she let out a long slow breath.

"Are you going to be sick?" Bucky asked, he hopped up to stand next to her, looking down at her with worry.

"I'm okay, Dustin is just heavy." Heidi said with a sigh, laying her head back until her head rested against the wall.

"Do you want to sit back down?" Bucky asked.

"No, I need to stand or walk, something. I'm going crazy." Heidi said with a small sigh. Bucky pulled her against his chest, pressing her back against him while he lifted her bump into his hands.

"I've seen Steve do this a few times. Does it help?" Bucky asked. Heidi leaned her head back against his chest, letting out a pleasurable groan, he chuckled to himself quietly.

"It does, it makes me feel normal again. Well, I guess I'm still normal. But it doesn't feel like there's a bag of bowling balls crushing me." She admitted. She had her eyes closed, enjoying the feeling.

Bucky rested his forehead on the top of her head, just standing there with her. "We'll stand here as long as you need." Bucky promised. The two stood like that for at least ten minutes before Sam barged in.

"Why do I always walk into the weirdest things in this room?" Sam asked. Both opened their eyes and looked over at Sam. Bucky rolled his eyes but Heidi laughed.

"If you felt how I feel, you'd understand." Heidi said, closing her eyes again and leaning her head back onto Bucky. "This dude in here, is heavy." Heidi admitted.

"I can only imagine, I've had to pick Steve up. He's pretty heavy." Sam joked. Sam moved to flop down on the couch, ignoring Heidi and Bucky while the movie played. Heidi stopped paying attention, she just enjoyed being able to stand without her bump feeling like it was crushing her.

"You doing okay down there?" Bucky asked after a while. Heidi finally opened her eyes, leaning her head back until she could look up at Bucky. "Yes, sorry, I'm being selfish. We can sit back down." She promised.

"I could stand here all day if it helps you. I was just checking on you." Bucky promised her.

"I'm amazing, it feels so good to stand without Dustin crushing me. I've gained 35 pounds with him, 35! I've never weighed this much in my life." She said with a huff. Bucky laughed and kissed the top of her head. "Doesn't look an ounce over 20." Bucky joked.

"But I get it. I remember waking up after the serum and I was just...bigger. It didn't feel right." Bucky admitted.

"I can't even imagine. Steve explained how he felt, how he was suddenly looking down at everyone. He said he didn't even know how to react, suddenly being the biggest guy in every room he walked into." Heidi said, trying to relate to him. But she couldn't, she was heavier than she'd ever been in her life, but that was nothing compared to how Bucky and Steve felt.