Chapter 6

Heidi had just pulled into the Starbucks furthest from home, right on the border of the next state. She didn't visit them often, too long to drive. Luckily she befriended the manager years ago.

"Wendi!" Heidi said happily as soon as she walked into the branch. The beautiful blonde woman rushed to hug Heidi.

"Heidi! How are you?" She beamed.

"I'm fantastic. The store looks amazing! Sometimes I wish you were a disaster so I had a reason to come see you more often." Heidi admitted.

"No you don't, you just want me to transfer to a closer branch." Wendi argued with a chuckle as she walked around the counter and grabbed ice waters for the both of them so they could sit and catch up for a few minutes.

"That's true. You know there's a really nice store right by The Avengers compound that's in need of new management?" Heidi offered.

"Like the heroes? I wouldn't object to that if I got to see a few of them.." Wendi teased. They both sat at the table closest to the counter so Heidi could watch a few interactions while they sat.

"I'll bring mine next time I'm here.." Heidi said quietly. Wendi's eyes shot wide open.

"You know them?" Wendi said.

"I forgot how long it's been since I've been here." Heidi admitted, pulling her phone out and showing Wendi a selfie she had taken with Steve a couple of days ago.

"Wait... is that Captian freaking America?" Wendi said nervously.

"I just call him Steve." Heidi said with a laugh. "We've been together 3 months."

"Yeah, maybe I need to trash the store so you'll come see me more often. How's that going?" Wendi joked.

"Fantastic. Steve is literally the best." Heidi bragged. "He usually comes with me to visit the stores when he's not out saving somebody."

"He comes with you to check out the stores? Like just drives around with you and pops in?"

Heidi laughed and sipped at her water. "Yes, he usually goes in before me to see how the baristas treat him. He usually gets hit on and just stares at me from the car terrified." Heidi admitted with another laugh. "Usually they won't let him pay and I have to get on them about giving things away."

"You won't give your boyfriend free coffee?" Wendi laughed.

"He won't let me. I wanted to offer it to the whole team, he said no." Heidi admitted.

"I like this guy already, all these years you've came to see me I've never seen you so relaxed. Or smile so much." Wendi said.

"Yeah, I like this guy too, a lot." Heidi said with flushed cheeks.

"You love him don't you?" Wendi asked. Heidi shrugged and sipped her water again. "I do, but it feels too soon to say it."

"The man's like a thousand years old, isn't he? Back in his day didn't they burn witches and get married the second they saw each other?" Wendi teased.

"96" Heidi corrected.

"See, back then didn't everyone get married after the first date before they went off to war?" Wendi asked.

"I don't know. Steve enlisted and didn't marry anyone." Heidi pointed out.

"Steve was in the war?" Wendi asked.

"How are you fascinated by him but don't know anything about him?"

"There's fascination and then obsession, there's a line." Wendi said with a laugh. "So how's the sex?"