Chapter 65

Heidi woke up curled up into Bucky's chest as she had been most mornings since he got here. She was hoping by now that his nightmares would start to calm, but she reminded herself that he had only been here for a few weeks, these things take time. He went through decades of trauma, she knew she had to be patient. She wished she knew how to help him, it broke her heart to hear her best friend scream and not be able to stop it. She debated just going to sleep in his room instead of waking up when he did, but she missed Steve. She needed to fall asleep curled up against her husband, she craved the contact.

She missed being woken up with Steve's head between her thighs, or he'd wake up with her lips wrapped around his cock. But it had been 7 weeks since the doctor insisted she wasn't allowed to have sex, or even have an orgasm.

Heidi tried to insist that she wanted to take care of Steve. She'd never gotten to have him cum down her throat, he always stopped and begged to fuck her. So he knew he wouldn't have been able to sit back and not touch her. But she pushed those thoughts aside, for now at least.

"Go back to sleep." Bucky said quietly. Heidi hadn't even realized he noticed she was awake. She groaned quietly, readjusting on his bare chest. "I can't. I'm restless." She said just as quietly. She felt Bucky start to rub his hands up and down her back, hoping to get her to sleep a little longer.

"How about you go back to bed with Steve for a little while?" Bucky suggested. He started to feel guilty that he took up most of Heidi's nights. He tried staying up until exhaustion overwhelmed him, hoping that it would make him sleep deep enough that he wasn't woken up by flashbacks of all the things he'd done, but it didn't work.

"Are you okay?" Heidi asked. She wasn't about to leave him when he needed her. He had woken up screaming again last night, tears down his face, heavily breathing and covered in sweat. She pretended not to notice the tears, he pretended that he believed her.

"I'm awake now, but it doesn't sound like Steve is up, yet." Bucky mentioned. Heidi smiled up at Bucky, nodding at him. He was quick to hop up, pulling Heidi to sit up on the side of his bed. "Are you going to be sick?" He asked. Heidi shook her head no, so far today she was fine.

Bucky pulled Heidi to standing, walking behind her as she made her way through the penthouse. He didn't want her to fall, she seemed to be struggling with her balance lately, probably because she was put on full bedrest last week, so her legs felt like jello. But he stopped at her doorway. "I'm fine, go back to bed." He said quietly to Heidi when she spun around and smiled up at him.

"Thank you, Bucky." Heidi said just as quietly before heading into the bedroom.

Heidi smiled at the sight of Steve, sound asleep in their bed, shirtless. She could stare at him all day. The way his dark blonde hair sat perfectly, but falling out of place from sleeping, the gentle rise and fall of his chisled chest, his lips slightly parted as his head rested on the silk pillow. He was flawless. She immediately crawled in the bed, curling up at his side. She felt him pull her against himself, holding onto her tightly. Smiling to herself, she snuggled into his bare chest, feeling at home once again.

Heidi woke up hours later, feeling Steve's arms around her, cementing her to his chest. She made a happy hum, readjusting her head on him. "Good morning, sugar." Steve said quietly. He kissed the top of her head several times.

"Good morning, baby." Heidi said happily. She'd missed waking up in his arms so much. She had to stop herself from crying at the thought.

"When did you sneak back in?" Steve asked. He loved waking up to the sun shining in on his face and his gorgeous wife curled up against him, it had been weeks since he'd gotten that. They'd always fall asleep together, he'd always lay with her when she napped. But every night since Bucky arrived, she was rushing to his room after a nightmare. As much as he loved how she comforted their friend, he missed his wife.