Bad God

Gideon headed off to find the Stone of Aphrodite while everyone else got in Thompson's van and headed down to Woodstick. "So, you think what Gideon said was true?" Wendy asked as they drove down.

"I don't know, he looked pretty freaked out so...probably?" Mabel looked around. "Robbie didn't come for the photoshoot...or the ride down. Is he going on his own? We have to find him."

"Why, so Robbie doesn't end up kissing a goat?" Lee asked.

"Or the Gobblewonker!" Nate laughed.

"You guys are terrible friends." Bill remarked.

"Ah, friends do this all the time!" Wendy assured him. "We don't mean any harm!"

"Sure...you guys might not..." Bill mumbled, glancing out the window. He couldn't help but think about his own "friends" out in the Multiverse and how they treated each other. Then again, maybe it was normal for their kind? He hadn't exactly been in the multiverse long before he met them...

"Can someone call him? Maybe tell him Gideon saw a vision of danger at the festival?" Wendy asked.

"Vision?" Mabel looked at her.

"No, he wouldn't believe us. He'd hear it from Gideon first, if it directly involved him." Lee shook his head.

"What are you talking about?" Mabel asked.

"Oh, he sometimes has actual visions of the future." Wendy explained. "It's one of the few things the Society has never tampered with. Actually, they didn't ever really tamper with memories related to Gideon."

"That's because Bud couldn't risk people losing favor with him or forgetting how much they love him. Besides, while they were looking at Gideon, no one was looking at the cloaks behind him." Bill remarked. "Not to mention, it'd really suck if you had to find out over and over again that Gideon has real powers."

"That would suck." Wendy agreed, the others all nodding in unison.

"Look, Stan's released the balloon!" Mabel pointed out the window at Stan and Soos waving from the hot air balloon passing over the forest towards the town. "It looks great!"

"We're almost there now. Hope Gideon shows up soon." Wendy frowned. "I had no idea Love God did that stuff. Ugh, non-humans are such jerks."

"Hey." Bill frowned at her.

"You ARE a jerk, just not the same kind." Wendy said simply

"Eh, okay. I'll give you that." Bill shrugged.

"Hey, Mabel!" Love God greeted as she approached his trailer. "Gideon's not with you?"

"He's coming, he forgot something at home." Mabel shrugged.

"Ah, that kid. I don't see your friend around, what's he look like?" Love God scanned the crowd.

"Robbie said he wasn't feeling well, so he's not coming." Mabel lied. "Sorry you won't get to help him."

"Eh, it's fine. Maybe he'll show up anyway during the show. I've got loads of others to help, anyway!" Love God grinned. "Tonight's gonna be an amazing night, baby! I've got some awesome songs planned, and there's gonna be magic in the air~!" He mimed playing a guitar and laughed.

"Wow. Hey, how do you use it, anyway? Do you spray those potions everywhere while playing or something?" Mabel asked.

"Oh, that's simple! I spray some of the potion I wanna use on the strings and strum and the effects just FLY!" He mimed playing a guitar again. "Wanna see me rehearse? I can show you some of my magic in action." He winked at her.