Party Start

Mabel watched the clock, nervously pacing around the decorated lounge. "What if they hate it? What if I did terrible?" She asked anxiously.

"Mabel, you're working yourself up." Stan walked over and placed his hand on her shoulder. "The place looks great!"

"But, what if no one comes?" Mabel asked. "The Northwests are rich, they could pay people not to come."

"I can assure you that while they will use money to turn things in their favor, they are not low enough to cheat outright." Gideon assured her from where he was helping Dipper put together a puzzle. "Besides, I told Pacifica that if she did then I wouldn't speak to her for a month."

"That would suck, because you're a great person to talk to." Dipper commented with a smile.

Gideon chuckled and set one of the pieces in place. "I am quite a charmer, yes." He looked at Mabel. "Don't worry, people will come for sure. If nothing else, to get pictures of the 'dream couple'." He looked back at the puzzle.

Mabel grinned a bit. "That's true." She sighed and then looked at the clock again. "Still, I'm anxious."

"That's understandable. I was anxious the first time I did a show, too. I honestly forgot my introduction and stammered for a bit before I improvised by sayin' that I was seein' signs from the cosmos, and then all went well after that." Gideon said, setting down another piece.

"Wow. I didn't know even you could get nervous." Mabel looked at him in surprise.

"Well, I must admit, I get nervous every time I'm about to come over to see you." Gideon blushed a bit. "I'm afraid I'll do somethin' embarrassing."

"Like what?" Mabel laughed. "I'm the embarrassing one!"

"I can think of a few things." Bill commented, lazily laying on Dipper's hat.

"You're not embarrassing, Mabel." Stan assured her. "If you were, I doubt that Gideon would fall in love with you."

"What some people may find embarrassing, I find endearing." Gideon assured her.

"Who would find her embarrassing?" Dipper looked at Gideon.

Gideon sighed. "Well, Pacifica doesn't seem to like Mabel, but she also said that Mabel was 'plain'." He explained.

"Pacifier's dumb." Dipper said, looking back at his puzzle.

"Well, he is, but they said 'Pacifica', kid." Bill commented.

Stan, Gideon and Mabel laughed at Dipper's mistake.

The time came for the party to start, and Stan and Mabel went to go greet the guests that were coming in as Gideon and Dipper cleaned up the puzzle and took it to Dipper and Mabel's bedroom. When they came back down, the party area was full of teenagers and kids that had seen the flyers.

"Wow, that's a lot of people." Dipper commented.

"I don't see Pacifica yet." Gideon commented.

"Wendy!" Dipper hopped in place and ran over to greet her.

"Hey, kiddo!" Wendy picked him up and spun him around a bit. "How you doing? Your sister's party looks great!"

Dipper smiled. "Thanks! She worked really hard on it!"

Wendy laughed and set him down. "I'm gonna go hang out with Robbie over here, so I'll play with you later, okay?"

"Okay!" He waved and then turned to see Gideon had walked over to talk to Mabel. "Aw, darn. I'm alone again."