Choice

They gathered in a large room, facing each other. Gideon stood to the side, torn between sides. The gun was still in the hands of the leader, and they were glaring at each other – at least, Bill thought they were. The cloaks kind of hid things.

"...Do you have a cloak, too?" Dipper asked curiously.

"Yes, I do have a cloak." Gideon said, sighing. "So...let's...talk this out reasonably."

"There's no need for talk. We can just zap them now." The leader said, aiming the gun.

"No, that's not--" Gideon was cut off.

"Just TRY it, motherfuckers!" Bill taunted.

"BILL!" Mabel snapped, swatting the back of his head.

"Ow!" Bill rubbed his head.

"Guys, please." Gideon held up a hand. "Don't make me force you all to sit down."

"Gideon, the answer is simple. If they forget about this place, then we won't have to worry about anything." One of the cloaked figures said.

"Hey, since you're planning to wipe us all anyway, who the hell are you?" Wendy asked.

"Well, we are planning to wipe them." The leader shrugged and they all pulled down their hoods.

Stan stared in disbelief. Bud he knew about, but Toby Determined? The farmer? The tattoo artist? And the guy who married a woodpecker? And who was that lady? The leader....he had no idea about.

"Who are you?" Stan asked.

"And did the tattoo guy do your head tattoo?" Dipper asked.

"You have never met ME before. I am Blind Ivan." The man said dramatically. "Leader of the Society of the Blind Eye!" The other members waved their hands in front of their faces in a wiping motion as he gestured to the ceiling. "Formed many years ago by our founder...our founder..."

"Told you they don't remember." Gideon said, shaking his head.

"Silence, child." Ivan pointed at him. "I am trying to remember." He looked around. "Does anyone remember who that was?"

"Well, we have been using that ray on our own brains an awful lot!" Bud said helplessly.

"Gee, maybe it was the guy that messing with his memory tube TRIGGERED AN ALARM?!" Bill suggested aggressively.

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense." They all nodded. "But, it could just be that he saw something we really don't want to get out." Ivan suggested.

"Oh, brother." Bill groaned.

"Well, why did you even start this thing? I mean, Gideon gave us the gist, but why did it start?" Mabel asked.

"Well, you see, Gravity Falls is full of the strange and horrifying. No one knew how to stop all the things that went bump in the night. So, our founder, whoever he was, invented the next best thing – a way to forget." Ivan explained.

"We took it upon ourselves to help the troubled townsfolk by erasing their memories of traumatic incidents." Bud said cheerfully. Gideon just stared at him silently, a cold look in his eyes. Bud ignored it and went on. "Now the people of Gravity Falls go about their lives ignorant and happy, thanks to us!"

"And brain-damaged." Bill looked at McGucket.

"And, as a perk, we use the gun on ourselves to help us erase things we would rather forget!" Ivan said with the same kind of cheer. "Everyone has things they don't want to remember. We just help them out."