Come Away

Dipper yawned as he listened to Gideon, Mabel, and Stan. Apparently Stan was being coached on how to properly talk to a lady, with Mabel as his lady-model, but it was boring to Dipper who didn't understand what they were even saying. Why did Mabel giggle like that? Why was Stan getting all pink in the face? He kicked his legs and then looked at Bill. "I'm bored."

Bill looked at him. "You're bored? What, you wanna take off?"

"Uh-huh! Let's go find something cool!" Dipper hopped off his chair and walked out, Bill following.

"Okay, what are we going to find?" Bill asked.

Dipper looked thoughtful. "Can we...find fairies?"

"Fairies? Agh, not those things again." Bill shook his head. "You don't want to go see fairies, trust me."

"But, they're so friendly!" Dipper insisted.

"Fairies are not friendly, where did you hear that?" Bill asked.

"A cartoon I saw." Dipper said. "They're friendly and they help out a little boy!"

"Okay, kid? Fairies are not friendly. At all. All they want of human kids is to lure them away and keep them forever until they die." Bill said, shaking his head. "Not. Friendly."

"Oh, don't be such a sour-puss. Let's go see the fairies!" Dipper went to his bed and grabbed his backpack. "Do you think they like sweets?"

"I think this is a bad idea and I'm not enabling you." Bill said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"But, you're not stopping me." Dipper pointed out.

"I can't, kid. The only way I could really stop you is to take over your body, and I can't do that without your permission." Bill shook his head. "If it comes to it, I'll take over your body to save your life, but if you want to see the fairies so badly, then go find the fairfolk."

"Okay!" Dipper smiled and ran out of the room. "Oh, I should tell Mabel!" He went to the lounge and poked his head in. "Hey, Mabel, I'm going to go find fairies, have fun with the lessons, bye!" He ran off before Mabel could even fully register what he said.

"Did he say 'fairies'?" Gideon looked over, frowning.

"Do they like music?" Dipper asked as he made his way through the forest.

"I already said I'm not giving you any hints, kid. I don't support this trip, but you sure as hell are not going it alone." Bill said, floating alongside him.

"How do I know when I've found them?" Dipper asked.

"I dunno, something about--"

"Mushrooms!" Dipper ran over to a ring of mushrooms.

"Wait, kid, no!" Bill flew after him. He gasped as something repelled him and reached out to touch it. "...Oh no."

Dipper didn't notice that Bill had stopped, walking towards the circle. He could hear music now, and it made him feel giddy and at ease. "Hello? Fairies?" He called.

"Hello, little boy." A tiny woman with wings flew over, dressed in a long, flowing dress and wearing flowers in her long, flowing hair. "You're rather far from the village, aren't you? Are you lost?"

Dipper blinked, tilting his head to the side. Was this a fairy? Sure didn't look like the ones in the cartoon. Where were their funny hats? Their wands? He looked around and saw others like the tiny woman. "Are you a fairy?"

"Yes." The woman nodded.

"Then, I'm looking for you." Dipper smiled. "Is it true you can grant wishes?"