Making Plans

"'Kiss the Demon'." Bill said, looking at the apron Mabel had brought him. "That's...cute." He touched the design that looked like his true self. "I guess it's not as bad as I expected."

"Mabel, can I dress as Alice?" Dipper said, coming into the room with Alice in Wonderland in his hands.

"You want to dress as Alice?" Mabel asked. "Weeeeell, I hadn't really decided what the theme would be...Alice in Wonderland sounds great!" She walked over to look at the picture. "Hmm, it's got a skirt. Do you want the skirt or shorts?"

"How about a skort?" Dipper suggested.

"Good idea! I'll get to work!" She looked at Bill. "I'll be back to measure you for your costume." She pointed at him aggressively as she backed out of the kitchen with the book.

"What is she up to?" Bill asked, shaking his head. Then he took off his coat and gloves and set them both to the side, putting the apron on over his yellow button-down and black pants. He brushed his bangs back behind his ear and then got to work on stacking the dishes neatly.

"Is it difficult, putting the triangle buttons through the holes?" Dipper asked.

"Eh, not really." Bill shrugged.

"Can I wear your coat?" Dipper tugged on it.

"You will drown in it, but why not." Bill laughed.

"Why is your skin a dark yellow?" Dipper asked, putting the coat on over his small body.

"It's called gold, Pine Tree." Bill told him, turning on the water now that the sink was cleared.

"Okay, I'll let you work in peace." Dipper walked out of the kitchen, still wearing Bill's coat.

"So, with Summerween only a week away, I don't know if I have enough time to make everyone's costumes. And will Pacifica be able to join us?" Mabel asked as she worked on Dipper's costume, supporting her cell-phone with her shoulder and cheek.

"I can help you make their costumes, don't worry. And Pacifica's family is having a party, but I might be able to convince them to let her get out of it." Gideon replied on the other end. "The theme is Alice in Wonderland, you said? Who will be going as what?"

"Well, Dipper already called Alice, I'm gonna go as Hatter, I'm thinking Bill will be Cheshire Cat..." Mabel stuck out her tongue as she fit the thread through the eye of the needle.

"Why not have Bill be Hatter?" Gideon asked.

"Because he's more like Cheshire Cat than Hatter. With all the floating and the blinking in and out of existence and the sass." Mabel started to pull the thread through the cloth. "What do you want to be? I was thinking you would be a good White Rabbit. Maybe Pacifica could be the Queen of Hearts? Grenda and Candy...uhm..."

"March Hare and Dormouse sound about right." Gideon remarked. "They don't look enough alike to be Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum. What about Stan?"

"I dunno, I think he said he wanted to be a vampire." Mabel shrugged. "He's not going out with us, after all."

"Aww, nah. He's still gotta be in the theme, darlin'. For the pictures." Gideon told her.

"Well, what would you suggest?" Mabel asked.

"Well, there are a few side-characters. He could be the doorknob, the caterpillar, one of the playing cards, the dodo..." Gideon listed off.

"How about the caterpillar?" Mabel suggested. "I'll go suggest it to Stan! Oh, and I gotta measure Bill! He's doing dishes right now, totally defenseless!"