The Mystery

Bill found Mabel in the wax museum, looking over them worriedly. Bill walked over to her, feeling tense, like he was being watched. Could just be his imagination, though, statues don't actually come to life at night and move around, that was just...bizarre!

Yeah, but you're a demon and I never questioned that.

'You thought I was a fairy. And that's not the point.' He looked at the statues, frowning. "Wait...none of the other statues were damaged in any way. But the door was unlocked."

"Nothing was stolen from the house. The only damage done was to Wax Stan." Stan walked into the room. "I called the police to report the break-in."

Bill nodded, staring up at the statues. 'Why was only the Stan one damaged? Surely they would've gone for the rest too...' He gasped, looking at Stan. "What if it wasn't Wax Stan that was the target?!"

Mabel gasped and looked at Stan. "You mean...someone tried to kill the REAL Stan?!"

"It was dark, and from behind you couldn't tell the difference." Bill started pacing the room. "But it seems a bit extreme to kill someone over a lie on a poster. Do you know anyone you might've pissed off?" He looked at Stan.

"Kid, you're acting really mature all of a sudden." Stan commented, frowning as he thought about what he said.

'Shoot! I forgot I'm in the body of a kid! Uh...' Bill struggled for a response.

This reminds me of that detective show, "Case Closed"! Dipper chimed in helpfully. He was always talking all smart and stuff, and said he heard that stuff from his cousin!

"I heard about this kind of stuff from the detective show 'Case Closed'." Bill rubbed the back of his head and grinned. "Sorry, I just wanted to sound smart."

"Well, it worked." Stan turned to go to the door when he heard knocking on it.

"Grunkle Stan, wait!" Mabel ran on ahead and looked out the window. "Okay, it's just the police."

Stan opened the door and let them in. "Sorry to call so late."

"No, no. The law never sleeps." Sheriff Blubs told him. "Now, let's take a look at the crime scene."

"This way." Stan showed them to the living room. "My newest wax figure, made by my niece, was the only thing harmed."

Sheriff Blubs knelt next to it. "Hm, pretty clean cut. Someone knew what they were doing."

Bill walked over. "Is it possible they were aiming for Grunkle Stan, instead?"

Blubs' assistant, Durland, looked down at him. "Well, yikes! That would mean that we've got an attempt at murder on our hands! And they might come back!"

"Maybe it'd be a good idea to get the kids somewhere safe." Blubs suggested.

"We're not leaving our uncle!" Mabel insisted.

Blubs looked at her. "This is a crime scene now, little girl. You can't be running around messing it up."

Bill noticed something out of the corner of his eyes and walked over to the side of the couch. "An axe?"

"AN AXE?!" The others cried, going to look over as well.

"They left the weapon behind!" Blubs started to reach for it.

"Uh, wait!" Bill spoke up. "Shouldn't you check it for fingerprints? To identify the owner?"

Blubs pulled his hand back. "Uh...yeah, we should. We'll go get our equipment, no one touch that axe!" He ran out with Durland following.