Rehearsal

"You don't think it's too...sappy?" Mabel asked after presenting the script to the other kids that were at the Shack with her.

"Well, it's...sweet." Candy commented.

"I like it!" Grenda nodded.

"It's a good thing you just got my parents' approval, or they would be so upset at this part here. Even if it's just a play." Pacifica tapped the paper.

"As if we need THEIR approval." Gideon growled a bit, then smiled. "It's lovely, darlin'. A true work of art."

"You don't mind that scene?" Mabel asked.

"Well...we can call it practice for the future." Gideon shrugged. "We don't really have to kiss there, if you aren't comfortable with it."

"We'll hash out that details later." Mabel said, waving her hand in a flustered way. "Though, if that guy DOES show up, we'll have to improv him into it."

"Bill said he'll take care of it." Gideon reminded her.

"Yes, but we have to act like it's all part of the show." Mabel nodded. "We can't let on to the tourists that there's a psychotic Phantom of the Opera in the playhouse!"

Candy nodded. "That wouldn't end well."

"Well, we better start rehearsal, then." Pacifica nodded. "I can have my personal tailor make the costumes."

"That's probably a better idea than what I was thinking." Mabel admitted. "Okay, go call them. I'm gonna go feed the lizards and Shifty and then we can get started on practicing!"

"We can use the Tent of Telepathy for practice." Gideon offered.

"Thanks!" Mabel smiled.

"Well, the place is coming along great!" Stan said, looking around from the repaired stage. "Yeah, I think we're almost done! Let's go make some flyers and drive to put them up around the other towns!"

"You have fun with that. I can't leave, remember?" Bill reminded him.

"Oh yeah. Well, you and Dipper can go check on the others, I guess." Stan shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess we can do that. C'mon, Pine Tree." Bill knelt down to pick him up and carried him off the stage.

"Where are you two off to?" Tad asked pleasantly.

"We're gonna go check on the rehearsal. Besides, Pine Tree might need to practice his." Bill said, turning to him. "What about you?"

"I think I'll stay a bit longer, make sure there's nothing we missed." Tad said, watching everyone else file out to their cars.

"Good idea. Thanks, Tad." Bill walked out with Dipper.

"Have a good day." Tad said with a cheerful wave, watching them go. Then he looked into the darkness, his eyes flashing purple for a moment before he walked back towards the stage.

"Mabel?" Dipper looked around as they entered the Shack.

"Shooting Star, where are you?" Bill called.

"They're in the Tent." Tyrone said, apparently attempting to knit something. "They've been in there a little while now."

"Alright, we'll go join them." Bill nodded. "How you doing, Tyrone? Need any company?"

Tyrone patted Wax Stan next to him. "Got some, thanks."

"That's not exactly...oh, whatever." Bill walked out with Dipper.

They walked up to the Tent and peeked in. Mabel was standing on the stage. "Okay, so Pacifica, you'll walk Gideon down the 'aisle' and stop at the altar. Dipper...Dipper? Oh, right, he's with Bill. Well, he'll play the priest. Grenda, can you walk me down?"

"Yep." Grenda smiled.

"Heeey, kids!" Bill waved. "How's practice?"

"It's going well! Oh, good timing! Dipper, come over here. Uhm, we need a big book as a prop..." Mabel looked around.

Gideon pulled out the 2nd Journal from his bag. "How about this one?"

"Uhh, let's use the 3rd one, actually." Bill walked over to them. "Less chance of accidentally summoning something or casting a spell."

"Good idea." Mabel nodded. "Dipper, do you have it?"

"It's in our bedroom." Dipper said cheerfully.

"We'll get it later." Bill waved it off. "Anyways, what exactly are you kids planning?"

"Script." Candy passed it to him.

"Bill, do you want a role?" Mabel asked.

"I'm not a kid. And, besides, I'll be on creep-duty." Bill reminded her.

"Think we need more kids?" Grenda asked.

"I'll make a few calls." Gideon said, nodding and stepping to the side.

"How's the playhouse?" Mabel asked.

"Almost done, we'll finish up tomorrow. Stan and the others are going out of town with flyers." Bill told her. "I couldn't go with, obviously."

Dipper smiled. "That's okay, you can help out here!"

Bill grinned. "Yeah, I sure can!"

"Alright, let's continue where we left off." Mabel said, turning to Grenda. "Okay, so you need to walk me down the aisle..."