Surprise!

“Well, we should get out to the lake more often!” Stan said as they rode in the car, the Gobblewonker safely in the tank behind them, swimming around in the water they filled it with before attaching the tank to the car by a tow cable.

“I did enjoy fishing.” Gideon agreed, smiling.

“I didn't even have to bring out the joke book!” Stan laughed.

“The same one you used before?” Bill asked.

“Before?” Stan asked.

“Uh, well, I was kind of with Pine Tree the last time he came here.” Bill said, glancing over at McGucket sitting on the tank outside the car. Luckily, he was too focused on the Gobblewonker to even notice Bill was there.

“What if he falls in?” Dipper asked.

“He won't. Old Kook has crazy balance.” Stan remarked.

“So, what's going on in town square?” Gideon asked.

“No idea.” Stan shrugged. “Maybe the girls just need a ride? Limo got a flat?”

“We really don't know, Gid.” Bill shrugged. “Before you try reading our minds, Mabel just said she and Pacifica were going to do something and told us to go hang out with you.”

“It doesn't feel like you're lying, so I'll just have to accept that you're just as curious as I am.” Gideon shrugged.

“Maybe he knows?” Dipper looked at McGucket.

“I don't feel like getting out and asking. We'll just find out when we get there.” Gideon said, shaking his head.

They drove to town, talking about all they'd caught – and fed to the Gobblewonker for it to eat on the way back – and Gideon showed Dipper a few spells and taught him how to use a light spell.

“Do I have to be awake to use it?” Dipper asked.

“If you lose focus, it drops.” Gideon told him. “Can't give up your nightlight, I'm afraid.”

“Aww, okay.” Dipper nodded.

“Whoa, what's going on here?” Stan asked as they noticed hardly anyone walking the streets of Gravity Falls.

“It's not raining.” Gideon looked out the window.

“So quiet, like a ghost town.” Bill commented.

They started to approach the town square and noticed a commotion going on. Stan parked a bit away from it in case of trouble and watched McGucket hop off the tank and run into the crowd. “Ooookay.” He turned off the engine and got out. “Let's go investigate.”

They headed over to the crowd, which started to part as they approached. Beyond it was Mabel and Pacifica standing at a table full of food, a big banner saying “Happy Birthday, Gideon!” visible behind them.

“SURPRISE!” Everyone said in unison.

Gideon blinked, quite surprised by the whole thing. “You...you told them to get me out o' town...so you could arrange this?” He walked over to Mabel and Pacifica and hugged them both. “Thank you. This is so nice. I've never been surprised before.”

“Well, I wanted to give you something special.” Pacifica smiled.

“Do you like it?” Mabel asked.

Gideon nodded. “I do, I really do. You've blown me away, darlin'.”

“It was Pacifica's idea.” Mabel reminded him with a giggle.

He turned to his cousin. “Thank you for thinking o' this for me.” He hugged her again.

“Hey, you deserve it. Happy Birthday, little cousin. There's gifts for you, and food and cake. Why don't you blow out the candles?” Pacifica turned him towards the table.

“Make a wish!” Mabel grinned.

Gideon chuckled. “No point. All my wishes already came true, thanks to you.” He blew out the ten candles on the cake while everyone clapped and cheered.

“Gideon, open my present first!”
“No, mine!”

“Gideon will open whatever one he wants to open first.” Pacifica said, quieting the crowd. “Go on, Gideon. We'll cut the cake while you do that.”

Gideon walked over to the table full of presents, looking them over thoughtfully before he picked up a messily-wrapped one. “I think I'll open this one.” He checked the name. “From Mabel.” He smiled at her.

“I need to learn to wrap better.” Mabel admitted.

“It's not the wrapping that matters, it's the person who did it.” Gideon assured her, then opened it up to find a light-blue sweater made by Mabel that had her and Gideon holding hands. “Aww...” He cooed in appreciation and turned to show it to everyone.

“Sappy, I know.” Mabel looked at Dipper, then back to Gideon. “I've got a matching sweater, in pink!”

“At least they aren't kissing.” Dipper nodded firmly. “That'd be gross.”

Bill laughed and playfully slapped his shoulder. “Aw, Pine Tree!”

“Happy Birthday, Gideon.” Stan grinned. “Why not pile everything in my car, and we can take it to your place with the fishing gear?”

“Oh yeah.” Gideon looked at the crowd. “So, the Gobblewonker does exist. I caught it today, it's in that tank over there and as soon as we build it a pool it will be on live display at the Mystery Shack.”

“No way!”
“It REALLY EXISTS?!"
“I can't wait to see it!"
“Can I go look, mommy?”
“How about we go see the exhibit when it's open?”

“Wow, you got the crowd excited.” Stan chuckled.

“It's what I do.” Gideon smiled and pulled the sweater on before turning to the other presents.