Choose your Challenger

"And then I was like 'no way' and they were like 'yeah way' and I said 'prove it'!" Robbie said, sitting with the other teens in the park.

"So, what'd they do?" Thompson asked.

"They couldn't prove it, so they did a funny little sputter and left!" Robbie laughed.

"Whoa, what is that?" Nate pointed to the left.

"Looks like a really good cosplay of Rumble McSkirmish." Robbie shrugged.

"He's heading this way." Lee pointed out nervously. "Fast."

"Uhh, he looks mad. Let's run for it!" Robbie got up and the others followed suit, running from the bench.

"Robbie! Come back here! Challenge me like a man!" Rumble ordered.

"Dude, I don't even KNOW you!" Robbie said, running faster. He then yelped as a golf cart drove up faster than golf carts should go and Dipper was in the driver's seat? Was this a weird dream?

"Get in, or he will kill you." The boy said firmly. Were his eyes looking weird?

"Uh, okay." Robbie got in and then they were speeding off with Rumble in pursuit. "So, do you know that guy?!"

"Unfortunately, yes." He replied as he drove. Wait, he couldn't even reach the pedals. And why was the cart glowing? "Pine Tree used a code he found on an arcade machine and summoned him by accident. After seeing your band poster and hearing you were a jerk, he decided that you had killed Pine Tree's dad or something."

"Wait, who is Pine Tree?" Robbie asked.

"Pine Tree is Dipper, try to keep up." The boy rolled his cat-like eyes. "I'm Bill, by the way. Bill Cipher. I'm sharing his body to save your life. Anyways, when Pine Tree had a hissy fit about him saying his dad was dead, Rumble glitched out and decided to go after you, since it was the last thing that made sense to him. And now we're here, and damn that guy is fast. I don't know if the wheels will withstand it, might have to float it." Bill looked ahead of them. "Whoa, water-tower. And is that...is that Shooting Star up there?"

"I'm going to guess that's also a nickname, and I see Mabel and her uncle up there." Robbie said, shielding his eyes with his hand.

"Good, you're learning. Shooting Star is Mabel, yes." Bill looked behind them. "Ugh, alright. I'm going to park and fight him, you go up the water-tower."

"Fight him? Are you nuts?!" Robbie asked.

"No, I'm a demon. I have powers. And you are a feeble human that has no powers, so why don't you just do as I say and go?" He parked the car and shoved him out with a wave of energy. Robbie quickly ran for the ladder and then Bill got out of the go-cart.

"Bipper?!" Mabel called. "What's going on?!"

"I got it handled, Shooting Star, you just stay out of the way." Bill said, forming fire in his hands.

"Uh, kid, why are your hands on fire?" Stan called.

"Because I just summoned it, duh! It's called magic, Stan! Now, stop distracting me!" He turned to Rumble, who had stopped upon seeing the fire in his hands. "Rumble, I challenge you."

Rumble stared at him, and then a "START" button appeared in the air between them. Bill punched it and then jumped back before firing on Rumble. Rumble dodged and then fired his own blast, which Bill floated out of the way of.

--

"Uh...what is going on there?" Stan asked.

"Grunkle Stan, there's something you need to know..." Mabel said, gripping the railing. "That's...not exactly Dipper down there. It's a demon that's been sharing his body since the start of summer, Bill Cipher. He's been a really big help, and now he's helping us again."