I push again when my body tells me to, burying my nails in Lewis his hand. I hear him suck in his breath as I'm probably hurting him, but he doesn't complain. He's actually keeping me steady as I try to push this baby out of my body.
"You're doing so good baby, I'm so proud of you." Daniel wipes my head with a damp wash cloth.
"I don't think I can do this. It hurts so bad."
"I know sweetheart, but you're getting really close and you're the strongest, toughest woman I know. If anybody can do this you can."

I feel his warm lips on my forehead as he can tell I'm starting to push again. It's crazy how my body just takes over and all I can do is go along with it and give it my all.
I lean back a bit more against Lewis his firm body, my legs can't hold the squatting position anymore.
I'm now in between his legs, my back against his torso.
Daniel is in between my feet, as I push down again hard it really starts to burn down there.

"I can see something, oh my god I can see some hair. Baby you're doing amazing." He shouts and I hear Claire talk to him.
"Daniel when the head is crowning she has to stop pushing, try to get her to breathe through that burning feeling. We might be able to prevent her from tearing."
"Did you hear that Sky? I understand it hurt like hell, but try not to push when we tell you ok?" Daniel asks me and he turns the phone on FaceTime so Claire can see when I have to pant and when to push.

"Skylar you are doing so good, listen to your body and to me. You can do this. Daniel when the head is born you have to feel around the neck if there is no cord wrapped around it."
I open my eyes for a bit to look at him and we lock eyes.
I can tell how much love and pride he feels for me right now and that gives me even more strength to do this.
We're going to meet our baby very soon and he's going to be the one delivering him or her.

My body start to push down again and I try not to push too hard, I can feel that my body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. There's some primal power going through me and I know everything will be fine.
I cry out when I feel the fire down there, I've never felt anything like it before.
"Ok that's it, the head is crowning, now pant Skylar. Let the head come out slowly. Don't push right now." Claire tells me and I try to pant.

She does it as well so I try to follow her lead, Lewis and Daniel are also joining in, so I try to get in sync with them as my lower body feels like it's going up in flames.
"Fuck this hurts!" I cry out, but I can also feel how I'm stretching more and more around the head of our baby.
"The head is coming baby, you're amazing!" Daniel calls out.
"Ok Skylar, real gentle pushes now. Slow and steady, you're almost there." Claire tells me and I breathe in to push a bit.

"Here she comes, or he, I can see the eyes, there's the little nose. Oh my god it's your nose for sure." Daniels eyes are filling up with tears when slowly but surely our baby's head is born.
"Awesome Skylar, keep going, a bit more now."
I push a bit harder and I can feel the head coming out completely.
"Oh my god, look at that cute little face." Lewis says breathless behind me. I didn't realize he could see everything and honestly I really can't be bothered.

I have a moment of relief, because the burning sensation is now going down a bit, so I lean against Lewis to regain some strength for the final part.
"Baby look down, you can see our baby." Daniel tells me and I look, but it's really strange seeing a little face in between my legs when I can feel the body is still inside me.
"So Daniel when the shoulders are being born the baby usually turns around. Try to guide it, because sometimes once the shoulders come out it can go fast. And the baby will be slippery so be careful."

Daniels face is a bit pale and he suddenly pulls his fireproof off so he's now topless. I have a second to enjoy that before my body starts to push down and with some strength I didn't know I still had in me I push and I feel the shoulders come out. It hurts like hell, but I also hear Daniel say the cord is not around the neck.
Inside me I feel the little body turn and then with one final push, our baby slides out of me into Daniels waiting hands.