Guilt

Disclaimer: I don't own Trolls.
'Thoughts'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Poppy)

The pink princess was feeling something she never felt before, anger. Ever since they learned that Creek had almost gotten eaten they blamed Branch. Only a handful of trolls didn't believe that Branch had attacked Creek dressed as a creature. Those that did took matters into their own hands.

Whenever they saw Branch on their own they had taken to tripping him, well trying to. The gray troll was more observant than they gave him credit for. He always saw them before they could. Next they tried to throw things at him. Of course he dodged that as well. Now Poppy learned that they had attempted to gain entry into Branch's bunker.

That failed since they had no idea where the door was. Even if they did, Branch kept the door locked and digging down wouldn't work since the walls were reinforced and way down. All the trolls wanted to do was break things so that the gray troll would be forced to stay inside. They just wanted to drive him out of town.

"I can't believe them." Poppy growled.

For the first time a troll was going to be punished. Not just one but almost the whole tribe. It made her glad that she wasn't the queen yet. She did feel for her dad. She couldn't imagine how hard this was on him.

Knock knock

Poppy quickly answered the door. The troll knocking was DJ Suki.

"Hey Suki. What's up?" She asked.

"Coming to check on you. I heard what happened." She said.

"I'm fine. Just angry." She answered.

"I can't believe them." She said. "Hurting another and destroying their property is never the answer no matter how bad you are at them."

"Exactly. Wanna come in for some cakes?" She asked.

"Sure."

Suki entered the pod and sat down at the table. Poppy soon handed her a slice of cake. The pink troll sat down across from her with a slice of her own.

"What's going to happen to them?" Suki asked.

"Not sure. Dad wasn't in the mood to talk after he learned what they tried to do. All I know is that he is past talking to them." She answered.

"Wow." She winced. 'I've never seen the king angry before.'

"I'm just glad that Shimmer had overheard what they were doing and told us. Thank goodness there are some that don't hate Branch." She said.

"So true. If they would only listen." She shook her head.

"Indeed."

"I have a question for you." Suki said.

"Oh?" She looked at her.

"Would you like to go to the new café with me? On a date?" She asked nervously.

Poppy blushed. "I'd love to." She said.

"Really?" She asked in shock.

"Yes."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at around one in the afternoon." She said.

"Okay."

Suki smiled and the two finished their cakes. Suki left after that. Poppy sat there blushing. She had liked Suki for a long time but was too scared to ask her out. She couldn't believe the troll she had a huge crush on had asked her out. It was a dream come true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Creek)

Creek had just learned what the trolls were doing to Branch. They never did it if he was in the area and he felt guilty for not noticing sooner. He now made his way to Branch's bunker. He wanted to know what he could do. He knocked on the boulder. A few minutes later Branch answered.

"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you okay? I just learned what they were doing." He said.

"I'm fine." He said.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Why? You weren't the one attacking me or trying to break into my bunker and break my possessions." Branch knew that had he been on it they would know how to enter it.

"But I didn't notice. I told you things would be different and I made them worse." He teared up.

"You're an idiot." The gray troll sighed. "You aren't responsible for the actions of others."

"But-"

"No buts. Listen Creek for once you haven't been a jerk to me. You have been nice for me. The others chose to attack me. They chose to try to break into my bunker to destroy my property. That's on them, not you." He said. "Unless you knew and approved of what they were doing."

"Of course I didn't know or agree!" He said.

"Then you're not at fault." He said.

"You're right." Creek said.

"I know." He said smugly.

The purple troll rolled his eyes. "You're such a pain."

"Thank you."

That made the troll roll his eyes once more. Of course Branch would take that as a compliment.

"Thanks Branch." He said.

"You're welcome." He said softly.

"Is there anything you'd like help with?" He asked in hope.

"No." He watched Creek's face fall. "I do need to collect a few things tomorrow if you'd like to help with that." He offered.

That made the spiritualist to grin. "I would."

"Okay. Meet me here tomorrow at eleven am." He said.

"I will. Bye Branch."

"Goodbye Creek."

The purple troll left. Branch reentered his home.