Not So Bad

Disclaimer: I don't own Trolls.
'Thoughts'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Creek and Branch)

Branch led Creek to what looked like a garden. Without a word the gray troll put on some gloves before throwing some at Creek. He then took out two baskets. He looked at the purple troll.

"The sage is ready to be harvested and so is the basil." Branch said. "The signs will tell you which row has what."

"Okay." He nodded.

The two worked silently. It didn't take long for the herbs to be harvested. Creek realized that this would be the end of their time together. He bit his lip as he tried to think of a way to prolong it and soon he thought of a way or at least he hoped he did.

"What do you do with these herbs now?" He asked.

"I can show you if you'd like." It would be easier than explaining and he knew that he wasn't going to get rid of Creek for a bit.

"Really?" He asked and Branch nodded. "I would like to see that. Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Follow me." He said.

"Okay."

The spiritualist followed Branch back to his bunker. They took the herbs to a room Creek hadn't seen yet. It was brown and had the word herbs engraved on it. They entered and Creek was amazed by what he had seen. He was impressed.

"Wow. This is amazing." He complimented.

Branch blushed. "Thanks. Come here. We'll start with the sage."

"Okay."

With that Branch showed him what he did with the sage after he collected it. The two talked as they worked. The topic was on herbs and their uses. The gray troll was surprised they managed to have a decent conversation. It was nice to talk to another troll about his hobbies. They were both disappointed when all the herbs were properly stored away.

"Well I have to check the traps." He said awkwardly.

"Okay." Creek said.

The two left the bunker. Before they could separate, Creek turned and looked at Branch.

"Maybe we can do that again?" He asked.

The gray troll was surprised. "Maybe."

"Okay." That was better than no. "See you."

Branch left to go check on the traps. Creek went back to his pod. He wasn't surprised to see Poppy waiting for him.

"Please come in." He said.

"Thanks." She said.

The two entered the purple pod. They went to the kitchen. Poppy sat down at the table while Creek made some tea. The minute he sat down she began asking questions.

"Why did you want to hang out with Branch? Did you have fun? Were you mean to him? Was he mean to you? Did you two fight? H-"

"Calm down Poppy. Take a breath." He said.

"Oops. Sorry." She said.

"It's fine. I wanted to get to know him. The real him, not the troll I assumed him to be. Yes I had fun. No I wasn't mean to him and no he wasn't mean to me. No, we didn't fight." He answered him.

"That's great. I'm glad that you two aren't fighting anymore." Poppy said.

"Me too. I'm sorry I didn't believe you before when you said there was more to Branch than met the eye." He said.

"I'm just glad that you see it now." She said,

"Yeah." He said.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Just feeling guilty." He admitted.

"So are the others." She said, "Me too."

"Why are you feeling guilty?" He asked in confusion.

"I feel like I should have tried harder to make everyone see the real Branch. He told me no or let the others change the subject and I just let them." Poppy said.

"Don't be too hard on yourself Poppy. Branch doesn't want help and the others don't want to listen." He said. "I sure as hell wasn't."

"I guess." She said.

The two were silent after that. Neither had any idea what to say. Both felt guilty and no matter what the other said it wouldn't change that. After tea Poppy left. Creek went to his work room. He began making some oils, incense, as well as soaps. He really hoped they were well received.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A Few Days Later)

It took a few days but the silent creeper had finally been caught. Branch had to wait for the spider to calm down. He managed to move the creeper far away from the village. He set up a new trap before going back to his bunker. That was when he found the box sitting near the boulder. He cautiously walked over to it.

"What is this?" He questioned out loud.

He opened the box and was surprised. There was a book, two bottles of oil, an incense, a bar of soap, and two bottles of soap. There was also a note. He picked it up and read it.

Thanks for letting me hang out with you. I learned so much. I hope we can do it again. I made you a few things to show my appreciation.

Sincerely,

Creek

"He made me these?" He asked in surprise.

He picked up the box and took it inside. He put everything away except for the book. It was on herbs and their many uses. He sat down and began reading. It was a book he had never read before. His knowledge of herbs was on their medical uses and uses in food. This new information was interesting.

'Maybe talking to Creek again won't be bad. Our last conversation was good.' Branch thought.

Meanwhile a certain purple troll finally left his hiding spot. Creek had set the box down and hid. He wanted to see if his gift was well received. Since Branch had taken it in he assumed it was. What hurt was the fact that Branch had been so surprised that Creek had made him things. It made him feel really guilty.

'I really was a jerk to him.' He thought as he made his way home.

Creek didn't know why he started being mean to the gray troll. In fact he never remembered being nice to him. For as long as he could remember he had been mean to Branch. It was like at a young age he decided to make it his personal mission to torment Branch but those days were gone. He refused to be that jerk any longer.

'I just hope Branch forgives me.' He thought as he entered his pod. 'I won't blame him if he doesn't. I was such a jerk.'

With that sad thought in mind he grabbed his yoga mat. He then left to go instruct his yoga class.

Confronting Inner Demonsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें