Chapter 44: Work it Out

Chapter 44

"Right, there Beth! Great job, now hold it." My photographer James said. He was pointing the most attractive camera at my face. I love photography, if you didn't get the hint.

Just so you know, James isn't some old man that takes pictures of Models. He's around my age, maybe even a bit older. He's a decent dude, and definitely not a pedophile which made me feel 10x better. He follows me on twitter too. Bless his cotton socks.

But, anyways, James really scored this job. Taking pictures of models in lingerie. Every hormonal boys dream.

*Snap* I shifted into a different position. *snap, snap* "You're Perfection, Beth!" James exclaimed, face all up in his camera. I couldn't help but blush from his sweet comment. I nodded a thank you, and he snapped another picture. I scowled at him because I wasn't ready. *snap* That bastard.

I was sporting some new Victorias Secret lingerie. It was a dark, wine red color with lace everywhere and cute little ribbon bows attached after every seam. They had to be the most comfortable pair of lingerie I've ever been in. And honey, I felt damn good.

"Babe!" I heard a familiar voice yell and heels clicking around the concrete floor. I smiled to myself. *snap*

"Hey Baby!" I yelled, running over to Cara, skillfully not tripping over my own two feet.

I hugged her tight, and a figure appeared from behind her. I started to feel super insecure, even though a minute ago I felt like I was the sexiest piece of human meat to ever step foot on this earth.

"Harry." I said while clearing my throat. He looked up and gave a small grin, then soon had his nose almost pressed against his iPhone once more. Wow. Stuck up, good for nothing-

"Bethanyyyyyyy! Come back!" James called, interrupting my hateful thoughts. How rude! I gave Cara a warm smile while prancing in front of the white backdrop. I smiled for the camera and did all those stupid little duck face poses.

But then James I guess wanted more, so he positioned me into some real uncomfortable stances. I heard someone shift in their seat across the way, but couldn't acknowledge it since I was currently seducing the camera.

"Beautiful." He exclaimed. I heard more shifting. Okay, if you really need to use the restroom that bad, it's just around the corner! Geez! James came up to me again and positioned me into, once again, another pose.

"Don't fucking touch her." I heard a voice mumble. I snapped my neck up and saw Harry sending James and I death glares, literally stabbing our bodies. If looks could kill, we'd be on the floor sliced into perfect little pieces.

"Chill." I said to him. Anger flushed his face and the sweet, innocent, iPhone obsessed Harry was now a whole different person. He got up from his chair and stormed towards James. I did what came to mind and jumped in front of the both of them.

"Don't make me do this." Harry said through clenched teeth. "Do what? You're going to fucking hit me again? Like I'm not already used to it!" I exclaimed. It all tumbled out of my mouth before I could put into realization to what I just said.

He put his huge fist down slowly and the vein in his neck, that always popped out when he was going to strike, eased down a bit. "If he touches you again, I swear I'll end him." He muttered.

"Don't even, Harry. It's his damn job. You could've been touching this all night, if it weren't for your stupid immature behavior." I said and turned on my heal to be met with James. His eyes were dead on Harry, probably wanting Harry to hit him.

"I won't let him hurt you, okay?" I said to James, clutching his broad shoulder. "It's okay. If he touches you, he's dead." He said and kissed my cheek. I'm so happy Harry's back was turned, or else James would've been on the floor knocked out and bleeding from every pore. Yeah. Not pretty.

I was so flustered with what I just said. All of it just sort of forced it self out. It felt good to finally be in control of an argument. Especially when the fight was with Harry.

~

"Cara, won't you be coming with us?" I asked giving her a wide eyes expression. "Oh no, deary. I think I'll stay back with James. Harry has the keys." She said winking. "I fucking hate you so much right now." I muttered and stalked off, out to find Cara's Audi. I searched and finally found it.

I was barefoot, walking on the black concrete due to me forgetting shoes. Typical, I know. I made my way over and lugged open the Audi door, to find Harry still on his iPhone. How the hell can that little contraption keep you occupied for hours on end? It perplexes me to no end.

"Why hello." He decided to say as his conversation starter. I'm still angry about what happened during the photo shoot.

"Don't tell me you're still mad about that." He said raising his voice. Ignore. "He was touching you, and I felt it was wrong so I said something." Ignore, ignore- I have to say something. Shit, why am I so vulnerable?!

"You also raised a fist at me, Harry." I choked out, tears streaming down my face. "Oh, c'mon.." he breathed.

"You don't understand how it feels to be on the opposite side of the fist, Harry. It fucking scares me." I said, increasing my tone. Even though I was crying, I wanted to prove a point.

The car was silent and the air was thick. We were both on our toes to see who'd want to speak up. Thank the heavens he did.

"Is that why you don't want to be with me?" He choked. I only nodded as a response. He pulled over on the side of the road, and put the vehicle in park. "Look at me." He demanded. I did as he asked, and saw that his eyes were filled with the salty substance.

"You mean the world to me, Bethany. I promise you Ill change. I'll do anything just to call you mine. You're the only thing that crosses my mind. If I didn't say that I was in love, then I don't know what else this feeling could be. I suck ass at dealing with situations. I get so angry and all I want to do I hurt something. It always ended up being you." He said, tears now tumbling down his blotchy cheeks. "But for you I'd stop it."

"We have to work on dealing with problems. We always fight, and it turns physical. If we want to try this again, we have to cooperate with one another. We have to work it out like civil people. Deal?" I asked.

"Deal." He said grinning. He started leaning closer, as my stomach started knitting up. My cheeks flushed a deep red, as he came closer to my aching lips. I have longed for this. The real Harry. "Will you, Bethany Mata, be my girlfriend, my BestFriend and everything in between?" He asked.

Our lips were grazing one another, and I did what I've been wanting to do forever.

I kissed him.

"Is that a yes then?"

"Yes."