Chapter 26: Completely and Utterly Confused

I woke up and groaned. Stupid phone. It was blaring my Ed Sheeran ringtone and I never thought it would annoy me. But it did. I was laying on my stomach so I just reached over on my side table that held old water bottles and cups from fast food restaurants and finally grasped my iPhone. I hit the lock button and the light literally blinded me and I squinted, barely being able to see why the hell it went off. A text, from Louis. I also realized that it was 12 in the afternoon. Thanks to my curtains that shield sunlight, I don't know what time of day it ever is.

From: Carrot Princess

Bethhhhh! Come over. I miss you :( xx

To: Carrot Princess

Fine. See you in 20. x

****

I pulled up into the apartment parking lot and got out of the car. I took Trevor's BMW cause i haven't driven it in ages. I walked towards the elevators with my wallet and phone in hand. I didn't even bother to dress up so I went in a sweatshirt pullover type thing and some jeans with my camel combat booties.

The elevator opened and there was someone inside already. Dammit. Awkward elevator ride. I walked in and the man smiled at me. I smiled back and the doors closed. It took almost a lifetime to get to just the third floor, and the music inside was absolutely horrid. The doors opened and I quickly made my way out. Thank the heavens, the guy stayed in. Phew.

Ah. the familiar complex that I lived in not so long ago. I miss those days, but what done is done. I knocked at the door, but at the second knock it flew open to reveal a very tired looking Louis.

"You came a little early." He said uneasy, gripping the door so that his body was only visible.

"Uh, yeah..can I come in now? I'm cold." I asked. It seriously was really cold outside. He still looked uneasy, and unsure of what to do.

"I don't think that's a good idea er-"

"Why?" I asked.

"Er-"

"Lou, stop hiding stuff from me." I said pushing past him.

My eyes went wide and my throat went dry. I should've listened to Louis. I should've stayed outside. I looked at the couch that was across from the doorway and saw Harry snogging some blonde girls face. I know we aren't together but that hurt. Like really hurt. Harry finally acknowledged that I was here and pulled away slightly. He seriously looked like a deer in headlights.

"Beth, uh-" he started but I just turned around and ran into Louis' body. Oof.

"Excuse me." I said pushing past him. I ran down the hallway and I could hear Louis and Harry's voice calling my name and telling me to come back. I really wanted too but i tuned them out, and my legs kept running towards the elevator. I just wanted to go up to them and have them tell me everything will be alright and that this never happened, but that would be a shit load of lies.

Finally at the last floor, I ran to my car. I can't even cry dude. That's how shocked I was. He works so fast. Does he even hurt inside? Did he forget about me? I felt my phone vibrate and i looked down at my iPhone. It was Louis. I didn't answer it.

I was still sat in the car, with it unlocked staring at nothing. Then, I heard someone open the car door to the passenger seat and I snapped out of it, reading to chop someone's man hood off. But it was just Louis.

"Beth. I should've have told you before." Louis started. What?

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked completely and utterly confused.

"The reason why Harry never called you or made contact with you was because of that girl."

"What-" I started and he cut me off.

"He was cheating on you."

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Small baby chapta. Cliffhanger too.

DON'T KILL ME OK .

x Naomi