› The Uniform P.3 ‹

'Nyeh... Dear Atua, I can't believe I'm doing this...'

The mage grimaced as she stood plain still in front of her lab door. She had a lockpick in hand and a locked lab door in front of her. Not only that, but her lab keys were inside the lab, so there was no other way to get in besides lock picking or asking the staff (The latter of which Himiko could never do. Social anxiety, am I right kids?).

Her plan was simple. Learn lockpicking, steal the dress for just a short while, an hour at best, then sneakily return it and go to bed.

.
.
.

It was an absolutely horrible idea. Rethinking it over now, she might just not do it.

"Well it doesn't change the fact that I'm now locked out my room.."

Himiko groaned. She was really stupid, wasn't she?

She approached her lab's door and crouched down to see the lock. She had done some research and tried this a few times beforehand, the only difference now was that she didn't have her lab keys with her if she failed.

With careful hands, she brought the lockpick to the door. She wiggled it around a little bit, twisting it a few times before she heard a click.

"Nyeh.. hey, I actually did it!" The mage jumped in glee.

"Woohoo! Go donkey lips!!"

Himiko jumped, and craned her neck to see, yet again, Kokichi behind her.

"Nyeh?! Kokichi? What do you want? Why do you keep pestering me, this is the second time today!" The red head glared at the boy.

"Hey, hey! You were the one hanging around my ultimate lab missy! This time is just a coincidence, I swear!" He held up hands, pleading innocence.

"Nyeh, as if I'd believe that!"

"Eh, whatevs! Anyyywhoo I was watching you try out lockpicking! You picked that up pretty quick! That's a compliment y'know, not many people can actually do lockpicking~!"

Himiko furled her eyebrows. She was highly doubtful that this was just a coincidence, since it was Kokichi. But... She had no reason not to believe otherwise since, the other time she did see him he actually had a reason to see her.

Maybe she was just overreacting. She was pretty overwhelmed that she was literally planning theft for an out of character reason.

But jeez, just seeing him was draining more mp out of her.. as if the dress problem wasn't already.

"Nyeh.. well I'm practicing for a magic trick so leave me alone! You're draining my mp just by being here.."

It was a pretty good lie, coming from Himiko. She just hoped her lying skills would pass by that of the dubbed ultimate lie detector standard.

"Hmm, really? You sure you aren't.. lying to me, are you?" He walked up close to Himiko, leaning in closely to her face. "Because you know I hate liars, right~?"

"Nyehh, get away from me! And I'm not lying! If anyone here were to lie, it'd be you Kokichi!" Himiko shouted, feeling her face heat up as she shoved the liar away from her.

He laughed and backed off, "Nehehe, I'm just kidding Himiko! I know you aren't lying, besides you'd probably stumble over your words if you were lying because you suck at it." He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Nyeh.. why you-!"

"HEY! DEGENERATE MALE, GET AWAY FROM HIMIKO!"

Both of the ultimates looked behind them, seeing a raging blur of black and blue barrelling towards Kokichi.

"Crap-! Well bye Himiko!"

Kokichi took off running before Tenko could attack him, and Himiko watched as the now blur of purple, black, and blue barreled down the hallway with a sigh.

She'd let someone else deal with those two. She had plans, after all.

But still, Himiko felt suspicious. There was no way that Kokichi didn't catch her lie. He was freaking Kokichi Ouma! He should've known she was lying from the get-go!

Did he let her off? Did he know the truth about the dress, her plans to steal from him for a short while tonight? No way, right? He would've confronted her about it earlier.

He couldn't have known. He would've confronted her way earlier before, so there was no way. But that suspicious feeling didn't go away.

'Nyeh.. it's probably nothing.'

The mage waved off the thought, going back to practicing lock picking.