› We Meet Again ‹

•Childhood Oumeno•

"KOKICHI-!" A shrill scream came from the living room. "GIVE ME BACK MY HATTT!"

"Nehehe~~!! No way!" Another voice boomed. Ruckus could be heard throughout the Yumeno household, as two children came flying into the dining room, a red head, Himiko Yumeno, chasing a purple head, Kokichi Ouma.

"Hey! Himiko, Kokichi, no running around the house!" A women stopped the two in their tracks.

"Nyeh, sorry mommy! Kokichi stole my hat!" Himiko pointed at Kokichi with accusation.

"*Sigh* Kokichi, give Himiko back her hat." Another women sipped her tea.

"Awh, alright.. here you go Miko." Kokichi patted her head, before positioning the hat back on the girls head. 

"Thank you, Kichi." She smiled.

"Nehehe, welcome!" Kokichi blushed a bit, yet grinned sheepishly.

"Oh! Akira! That reminds me, I have something to talk to you about." Kokichi's mom sighed and placed down her tea. A sad grown spilt onto her face.

"Hm? What is it, Hana? " Akira tilted her head slightly, her gut telling her something was wrong.

"Ah, um.. you see, Kokichi's dad recently got a new job in Towa City, and we are going to have to move." She said sadly.

Of course, the two kids who were chatting in the room at the time, froze.

"What-?" Kokichi was the first to speak. The word tumbled out of his mouth just barely. "We're moving?"

"N..no way..!" Himiko could feel the tears rushing to her eyes, and in a flash, they gushed out.

"No.. no way! You're lying! Mom, it isn't funny!" The boy shook, completely in denial.

Akira's face showed intense shock, and a few tears split out of her eyes.

Kokichi comforted Himiko, stating they were lies, all lies.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.. any of you. But.. we're leaving next month. And, we probably won't be back for long." Hana felt her own tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

Kokichi couldn't tell if he was crying or not. He couldn't believe it. Lies, all lies. But.. were they really lies?

The two mother's gave their children time to think, and before long Kokichi was leaving.

Himiko felt a bad feeling growl in the pit of her stomach,  and this feeling was one she would soon get used to.

.....•°•.....

Finally, it was the day. The day Kokichi would leave for good. The two friends were crying, hugging eachother, wishing they didn't have to let go. But alas, Kokichi had to leave.

"Hey.. Shortcake?"

"*Sniff*... Yeah?"

"Here." The boy pulled out a hair clip, a blue rhinestone that shone brighter then the sun. Himiko's eyes widened.

"A...parting gift.. so you'll remember me." He scratched the back of his neck.

Himiko smiled and put it in her hair. The tears rolled down her cheeks like a waterfall falling off a cliff.

"Well.. I have a gift for you too." She pulled out a scarf and gave it to Kokichi. "So.. take good care of it."

Kokichi nodded and wrapped it around his neck. With one last hug, Kokichi was gone.

.
.
.

"Nyehh.. where am I?" I groaned, annoyed. Falling out of a locker doesn't necessarily feel good.

I sighed and sat up. I checked my hair for a hair clip, a precious one to me. A gift from an.. old friend.

"What the heck.. where am I?" I blurt out to nobody. It looked like a classroom, but it looked abandoned. Moss was everywhere and vines and plants grew along walls and floors.

"Strange.. I wonder if a dark mage kidnapped me!" I suddenly felt that feeling again. That horrible, nasty feeling.

I bit my lip, I hated the feeling. It made my head hurt, and it left a bitter taste on my tounge.

"Ooh! What's in here~!" I heard a childish voice call out, making me freeze with fear.

The, what I presume to be classroom door, flew open. In the doorway stood a short boy only a few inches taller then me. He had long, wild and tangled grape-purple hair.

But his most noticeable feature? His scarf. It was checkered.. and it was.. so familiar..

"Ko...Kokichi?" I spurred.

"Himiko...? Himiko... Himiko!" He lit up like a bulb and trapped me in a bear hug.

"Kokichi!" I screamed and hugged him tightly.
I could feel his tears sink into my clothing, but I didn't care. He was back... I was reunited him!

But.. I just didn't expect it to be in.. this way.