› Even or Odd? ‹

Inspired off a game me and my friends made a few years ago.

"Even or Odd?"

"Hmm... Odd~!"

"Nyeh, ok, let's see... Two and three... Dang it, you're lucky!"

"Nehehe! Yay! Ok it's your turn now, Himi!"

Himiko sighed at the boy's childish behavior. She grumbled in annoyance that he had been safe again, especially when she really wanted him to lose! He wasn't cheating, was he?

Even or Odd, a fun game that Himiko and Kokichi had made up in fifth grade. The rules of the game were simple- when asked you pick either Even or Odd, then you roll two dice. You add the number that you get from both dice together, and if you had guessed, say, even, and the number was even, you were safe. However, if you guessed even and the number was odd, you'd have to do whatever the other person says. It was a kind of twisted truth or dare game, you could say.

It was after school on a Friday and the two were hanging out as usual. When they got bored, Kokichi suggested playing the game because it was a throw back to their fifth grade years.

So here they were, playing even or Odd at Himiko's desk, in their homeroom, Mr.Monokuma's class.

"Himi-Himi-Himiko~ Even or Odd~?" Kokichi sang, her name rolling off his tongue.

"Nyeh.. Odd..?"

"Oo-kay! Let's roll now and see what you get!" Kokichi grinned from ear to ear, shaking the two dice excitedly before letting them go and fly off onto the desk.

"Nyeh, a four.. and a six?!" Himiko groaned. "How am I always so unlucky?!"

"Nehehe! Gusse that's a mages curse!" He stuck his tongue out at her, making her scoff.

"Nyeh.. whatever, what do you want from me then?!" She huffed, she still wanted him to lose since he was the one on a streak of winning and she had a streak of losing she wanted to break.

"Hmm.." his face went blank, usually meaning he was thinking something through carefully.

'Nyeh? But what could he be thinking so deeply about?'

Himiko looked worriedly at her friend, wondering if something was wrong.

He sighed, breaking his blank face and then looked at Himiko with a determined look.

"I want... A kiss~!" He smirked devilishly.

"A.. A what now?" Himiko blinked twice, then laughed. "That's a good joke, Kichi, but tell me what you actually want."

"Haha! Yes, yes, all jokes, what I actually want is for you to make out with me ~!"

"NYEHH?!"

Himiko combusted. Her face flushed a cherry red, and her eyes looked dumbfounded at him.
"Are you not gonna come here? Lame.. I really wanted that make-out session, too... Oh well! A kiss is still a kiss~!"

He titled her chin up slightly, a smirk still dawned on his face, but still with the slightest hint of a blush.

Meanwhile, Himiko was still trying to process all the things that were happening currently.

Her lips were just about to meet her Best friends lips- they were alone in their homeroom classroom, about to kiss, because they played a game.

Somehow, that simple notion wasn't able to register in Himiko's brain as chapped lips met soft ones.

It didn't even feel like a few seconds before he left her lips. The cold air hitting her lips after another warm and affection pair was placed over them felt wrong.

"Kokichi- I..-!"

"Hah, no need to talk anymore Himiko~! We should go now before it gets dark!" He says dismissively, nodding his head towards the door telling her they should go.

"I-.. ok.." she whispered, still utterly confused but happy.

'how will I be able to walk home with him after this?!' Himiko thought, as the two walked out the gates of Hopes Peak together.