› Rooftop Comfort ‹

'Plip,plip,plip,plip,plip'

The rain drizzled down faster than lightning could ever.  The dark, cloudy night would usually be sad to many eyes. But those eyes were down below.

Atop of a 10 story apartment complex, I, Himiko Yumeno, sat.  The stars and moon shine beautifully from my view. And the rain made it feel peaceful. Although I was soaking wet and although I was a bit chilly, I couldn't gather the energy to move.

The loud and noisy cars hustled by on the streets. The glistening, glowing lights from the city below my feet was  beautiful. It shimmered in glory, that made me jealous. If only that glory could be shared with me..

Today was... A particularly rough day for me. I had gotten fired from my job for being a clutz. I never got the time to clean my apartment, so it was a mess. I had little to no food in the fridge, and couldn't afford to spend the money to buy take out. Atleast, not when I had rent due that month.

So, here I sat on the rooftop. Watching the car hustle by, like a group of kids playing tag in summer. The neon street lights illuminating the entire city floor. The rain making me wet and cold. The moons light making me just barely visible.

I sighed. Life was so rough.. but I somehow got through it. How..? Well..

"Himi..?" A voice hollered out to me.
"There you are.."

Footsteps approached me, before a boy with purplish-black hair sat next to me. He had a black sweater and navy blue sweatpants on. His hair was untamed and wild, it hadn't been brushed in who knows how long?

He crawled next to Himiko, snuggling up tight with her. "Rough day?"

"Mhm." I quietly mumbled. I melted I'm his touch, eventually grabbing his arm and wrapping it around me.

I leaned my head into the crook of his neck. Kokichi. I know he's the reason I'm able to get through everything. He's there for me when I need it most.

"It'll be okay.." he whispered the reassuring words so effortlessly.  The only other thing that ever got me this peaceful was him.

Sometimes.. rooftop comfort is all I need.