› Met You By A River ‹

Himiko skipped happily as she went down a familiar path. The path led to a little river that Himiko loved to hang out by. she loved the gentle stream and the big oak tree that gave her shade to draw under.

As she started approaching the river she heard a faint cry. The girl stopped and peaked over to the river, where a boy with purple hair sat, knees to face, crying.

.
.
.

My eyes widened as I watched the boy cry. I know him, his name is Kokichi Ouma. He's one of my classmates.

'Ouma.. what're you doing here?' I think to myself.

"H-Hey.. Ouma-Kun, a-are you ok?" I speak up.

The boy jolted up and wiped his tears quickly. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"U-uhm, Y-Yumeno-Chan?! W-What're you doing here?!" He says, quickly getting to his feet.

"That's besides the Point Ouma, I asked are you ok." I said, approaching him.

"I'm fine! Nothing to worry about!" He said giving me and fake grin. "Well, I best be going now! Bye Yumeno-chan-"

"No." I say sternly, stopping the boy and pushing him onto the ground. "awnser my question! Why were you crying..." I say as I kneel down to him.

He stayed silent and hung his head low. I didn't want to have the silent treatment, I want to know what's bothering him and to help him!

"Ouma.. please, just let me help. What happened..?" I say softly. I finally broke him as let out a wave of tears, and buried his face in his hands.

"W-Why do you want to know!" He asked through his sobbing.

"Because.. I care about you.." I say, starting to hug the boy.

"W..hat?" He lifted his head up and looked me dead in the eyes. He looked nothing like the Kokichi I knew from school, instead of being cocky and.. well, himself, he looked broken, and lonely, and he looked as if he hadn't eaten for days on end.

"You.. care about me..?" He asked in a soft tone, the question almost felt like it was for him instead of me.

"Well, yeah... Of course I do.." I smile. "We're friends, aren't we?"

"Friends..?" His eyes seemed to light up like a Christmas light, and it made me feel happy...

"Yeah!! But, you first gotta tell me why you were crying."

"I... Well." His eyes fixed to the ground once more.

"If it's that sensitive then You don't have to tell me.." I say, starting to play with the boys hair.

"I-I'm sorry, but I'll tell you next time.." he said.

"Ok, that's fine." I smile again at him.

"But um... Are we really friends? Even though I'm a jerk at school ..."

I looked at him shocked, "jerk?! Ouma, please! You are not a jerk." I say giving him a serious look.

"You actually think that?" He looks up at me with his beautiful purple eyes.

"Yes. Yes I do!" I say, putting my hands on my hips.

"Okay.. well, then.."

"Friends?"

"Friends." We both smiled at eachother happily, and that was the first time I ever saw Kokichi Ouma, The Ultimate Supreme Leader, genuinely smile.