October

October the month the Byers and El we're leaving to go to California, TJ was starting to notice a common occurrence in his life... everyone leaves.

"Hey! What's got you in your head?" The redhead laying on his chest asks, bringing him out of his thoughts. The two were currently on one of his sofas in the basement. Running his fingers through her hair he looks at her, "Nothing...I just." TJ is struggling trying to find the right words to say, finally he gets there, "I just... are you my girlfriend?"
Max sits up looking at him astonished. Seeing her expression he quickly adds on, "It's just we basically are a couple but neither of us ever asked."
"Basically a couple? You're the only boy I make out with, cuddle, hold hands and even show rare moments of pda with... and you're asking whether we're boyfriend and girlfriend." Max blurts out, TJ panics scared that she may also leave as he's completely muddled his words up.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that... I just know you wanted to take it slow, but like my mums always asking if you're my girlfriend and I don't know if to reply yes or no, you're just my best friend who I frequently make out with." TJ replies.
"TJ. If this is your way of asking, and so we officially have the stupid label then yes I will be your girlfriend." Max declares.

TJ smiles up at the girl, as she looks down at him.
"You're infuriating Wheeler!"
"And you're fucking gorgeous Mayfield!"
TJ all of a sudden feels his lips being attacked by the redhead, as he tries to counter the assault with his own. The kiss soon turns very passionate, hands roaming, Max guides his hands to her waist as he tries to get her as close as possible to him.

As the kiss begins turning into a full blown make out session, TJ hears the cries, shrieks whatever you want to call it from Mike and his merry men featuring El.
"Oh my fucking god! No this is not okay! In our shared basement!" Mike yells being over dramatic.
"My innocent eyes!" Dustin shrieks.
"His pure sweet eyes, my eyes." Lucas joins in with the taunts.
TJ holds onto Max protectively not bothering to rearrange the position they're currently in.
"Oh give it a rest you clowns. We were kissing for gods sake!" TJ tells the group, continuing, "Anyways I'm gonna leave you guys to it and head out for a bit."
TJ lifts himself and Max up, standing up to leave he gives Max a short but affectionate kiss, "Bye... girlfriend." He whispers.
"You're such a dork but bye... boyfriend." She mumbles back against his lips, pecking him one more time. TJ makes his way to the stairs officially greeting the party as he goes, fist bumping Will and Lucas, hugging Dustin and El and flipping of Mike.

"Steve Harrington! My friend, my companion. How are you?" TJ asks, as he gets into the older boys car.
"Remembered me have you? Thought you were too busy with your other older friends." Steve retorts. TJ rolls his eyes.
"Get a grip Harrington! You'll always be my number one older friend." TJ teases.
"Erm talking about you're older friends is
Lori single?" Steve hesitantly asks.
TJ hits Steve's head, "Just drive Steve. Just drive."

The boys are sat on the hood off Steve's car looking out at their hometown. TJ hears Steve take a deep breath.
"Steve just ask me what you need to ask me." TJ mutters.
"How...erm how are you Wheeler? And don't bullshit me I got like senses and shit for this. You can be honest with me." Steve's rambles on.
TJ stares into the distant for a minute debating whether to tell the truth or not.
"I'm alright Steve. I promise." TJ lies.
"Well when you want to tell the truth I'm always here. You and Henderson you're like the little brothers I never had. But don't tell Henderson that his ego will go through the roof." Steve tells him.

A few weeks into October and the battle of the bands competition arrives. TJ was nervous to say the least, it was the first night of playing as The Holland Nights and he wanted more then anything to make Riley proud. They had the last slot of the night. TJ was currently stood at the side of the stage watching Corroded coffin play, watching them made TJ feels ten times more nervous. The guitarist of the band was like a wizard, TJ's seen him at school it was Munson...Eddie Munson. TJ watched in awe as he killed the guitar solo of a Jimmy Hendrix song. TJ turned and looked at Axel who had the same expression, they were screwed.