Dig Dug

Warning- Brief mention of a panic attack (If triggered by this please do not read, I'll put a * where it's begins and ends).

TJ is in the basement by himself, he hasn't seen Mike or Nancy since yesterday.
Mike had gone over to the Byers to check on Will, while Nancy was with 'Stacey' also known as Johnathan Byers. TJ is currently sat with his guitar in hand, playing the chords to Boys Don't Cry by The Cure.
Eventually he begins to softly sing the words,
"I would say I'm sorry if I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time I've said too much
Been too unkind."
TJ takes a breath realising how much this song relates to his situation with Riley.
"I try to laugh about it
Cover it all up with lies
I try to laugh about it
Hiding the tears in my eyes
Cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry "
Ironically TJ feels a tear fall from his eye,
"I would break down at your feet and beg forgiveness
Plead with you
But I know that it's too late
And there's nothing I can do."

                                      *
TJ abruptly stops and lets out a sob, "Fucks sake! Stop! Stop crying! You shouldn't be the one crying! " TJ tells himself getting frustrated with his emotions.
"Stop crying!" TJ can feel his heart racing at 100mph and his breathing is becoming shallow. He's trying to breathe but he's struggling, really struggling, he's sweating and feels like someone has got him by the throat. He manages to sit down back against the wall, slowly trying to breathe in and out, eventually his breathing calms after what feels like an eternity and the state of panic slowly leaves his body. He sighs in relief but is scared of what's just happened.
"Is that what dying feels like?" He asks out loud.
                                        *

It's late in the afternoon and TJ decides he's going to go to the arcade, luckily he stashed away the rest of his money, before Mike could get his thieving hands on it and before his own allowance was cut.
He arrives at the arcade and sees a red head playing on dragons lair, he heads over just as she finishes the game.
"Oh, so you are the infamous Madmax?"
He lets out a low whistle "Wow you really have knocked the boys of the top spot. Fair play to you California!" TJ says genuinely impressed, she just glares at him before heading to the next game.

TJ scrunches his eyebrows in confusion, but follows her "Hey! Did I do something wrong?" The girl scoffs and then looks at him, "I don't know, did you?" "I'm really confused here Mayfield

The girl scoffs and then looks at him, "I don't know, did you?"
"I'm really confused here Mayfield. Help a guy out?" TJ asks.
"Hmm let me think. You and the party are trying to protect me, so can't tell me the truth about what's happening with Will." Max says with sarcasm dripping from her voice.
"You asked me about El and walked away. How was I supposed to answer the back of your head that was 40 yards away?" TJ whisper shouts, knowing the name El might gain unwanted attention.
"Lucas said you wouldn't have told me anyways!" Max looks at the boy searching for some truth in what she just said.
"Right well. If that's what you want to believe then sure." TJ says in a huff.
"Fine! I guess I will" Max defiantly says back, turning around and heading towards another game.
"Whatever. You're really living up to the name Madmax you know that!" TJ shouts at the back of her head.
"Real mature asshole! Oh you gotta be kidding me. Out of order?" He hears Max say looking at dig dug, she then turns to TJ " I don't know how but this is somehow your fault."
But before TJ can react to the accusation, Max has gone. "Well that's fantastic. She got the last word!" TJ says running his hand through his hair.

Tj is outside the arcade about to leave, feeling very frustrated and annoyed by his run in with Max, just as he's about to get on his bike he hears the familiar laugh of Cassie.
"Shit!" He says under his breath.
He knows they've seen him and they know he's seen them.
"TJ... hey!" Cassie says awkwardly.
Riley looks down avoiding all eye contact while gripping onto Cassie's hand.
"Hi. It's good to see you... both of you." TJ replies, he then continues feeling the very strained atmosphere "I, I should go... hotdogs for dinner." TJ pushes his bike past them.
"I don't hate you!" He hears Riley say,
"I just wanted you to know that! But right now I can't forgive you... I need time TJ. What you said it hurt." Hearing Rileys voice shocks TJ, but he finds the courage and says "I'm sorry Riley. I really am!"
"I know you are," Riley gives TJ a sad smile and continues "But I need time and I need you to respect that." TJ looks at Riley and gives him a nod, he watches his former best friends walk into the arcade without sparing a glance back at TJ.

Just as he is finally about to leave he sees Max storm out of the arcade, Lucas following her.
She looks pissed and TJ is selfishly glad he's not the only one on the receiving end of the girls fury today. As she walks across the road to get into Billy's car she catches TJ's eye, sticking her middle fingers up at him to which he gladly returns before finally peddling away.