Holly, Jolly

TJ wakes up to the sound of Riley's boom box
"Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, had much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy
They were askin' if you were around
How you was, where you could be found
I told 'em you were livin' downtown
Drivin' all the old men crazy
The boys are back in town (the boys are back in town)" Riley is singing along and points to TJ to sing the next line.
TJ shoots up chanting "I said the boys are back in town, The boys are back in town!" TJ mimics the guitar in the song by Thin Lizzy, TJ looks over to a laughing Riley before looking at the time "Shit I need to get home and ready for school man we must've fallen asleep!"
TJ makes headway for the stairs in a rush as he knows he's going to be in deep trouble when he gets home.
He heads downstairs of the Holland residency.
Mrs Holland greets him "Good morning Theodore it's been a while since we've seen you here, by any chance did you see Barbara at your house last night when you left?"
"Erm no sorry I didn't she might have been upstairs with Nancy."
Mr Holland looks at the boy and says "Well when you get home tell her to give us a call to let us know she's safe won't you?"
" Yes sir will do."
TJ sees Riley bounding down the stairs "See you at school Riley!" Closing the door behind him.

As TJ heads inside he sees his mum crying she looks up to see her eldest son looking very sheepish "Theodore where have you been? Two of my children out god knows where... one drunk and the other turning up an hour before school starts".
TJ feels a extremely guilty for not calling his mum, so he sits down next to her and takes her hand "Mum I'm sorry I fell asleep at Riley's, I'm sorry I didn't call," he carries on "it's no excuse especially with what is happening with Will but I am so sorry."
She gives him a teary smile and a nod as a way of accepting the apology "Go get ready for school Teddy."
As he goes to head upstairs he turns back around "I love you mum you know that right?"
Karen smiles as if she hasn't heard those words in years and you'd be right thinking so "Teddy I love you too so so much never forget that".
TJ heads up stairs and goes to open his bedroom door but stops when he remembered his promise to the Holland's.
He knocks on Nancys door lightly "Hey Nance it's me TJ. I erm need to talk to you it's about Barb." The door slowly creaks open to reveal the tear stained face of his older sister Nancy Wheeler.
She pulls the boy into her room and he notices the infamous sweatshirt of Steve 'the hair' Harrington "Oh Nancy Steve Harrington really? Tell me you haven't?"
"If you're here to give me a lecture please don't mum already has."
TJ notices the look of regret on his sisters face and decides to leave it, it's not that he didn't like Steve he didn't like Steve's company and how Steve was around said company.
"Okay... okay I won't but I don't like the idea of you sat here crying while he's probably fast asleep with out a care in the world."
TJ thought for a second before carrying on hesitantly saying
"I don't want to upset you more right now."
Nancy looks at her little brother confused and gestures for him to carry on.
"I slept at the Holland's last night and Barb she, she didn't come home and they wanted me to see if she was here but evidently she's not."
TJ gestures around the room while Nancy puts her head in her hands and lets out a sob, TJ is quick to go over to his sister and hold her while she cried "I don't, I don't know where she is Teddy I messed up I'm a horrible friend."

Riley is straight onto TJ the second he gets of his bike "My sister is she at your house then TJ?" Cassie looks utterly confused and asks "Have I missed something?"
TJ takes a deep breath "She wasn't there Riles I'm sorry man." Putting his hand onto Riley shoulder who smiles at him timidly.
The days carries on and TJ and Riley are quieter then usually leaving Cassie to be concerned "Hey boys why don't we hang out after school today it's been awhile?"
Riley looks up and says "Yeah sure your place TJ?"
TJ however is distracted by something that is happening in the high school parking lot over the hill and can see his older sister in the middle of it he gets on his bike and the two follow him.
TJ gets off his bike and sees the pictures that Carol Perkins is holding of his sister in a bra, Steve is holding the camera and Johnathan Byers is looking extremely guilty.
"Ah mini wheeler you come to see the show and protect your sisters honour from this creep?" Tommy Hagan taunts.
Nancy looks at TJ pleadingly before TJ replies "Actually I saw a group of assholes round my sister and wanted to make sure she's okay... Nancy come on you can get on the back of my bike".
"Looks like mini Wheeler has the balls of the family then, I'll be seeing you next year?" Carol says with a wink while twisting her chewing gum round her finger.
TJ tears his eyes away from the older girl as Steve tears the pictures up and breaks Johnathan's camera.
Nancy comes to a halt when she sees a picture of Barb and picks it up, she looks up to her younger brother telling him to go home "I'll be fine I promise."

TJ, Riley and Cassie ride back to the Wheeler residence for and make their way into his back garden without a word said.
Riley and Cassie look at each other before Cassie says "TJ what's happening with you? You're not yourself?"
"I'm sorry guys I've just... things haven't been good at home with Mike and the Will situation now Nancy and it's just been a lot... I'm sorry Riley I know this is not good for you either and having your best friend so distant isn't helping."
Riley looks up at TJ and shakes his head laughing "Look TJ I get it but Will and Barb they're going to show up I can feel it."
Cassie puts her head on Riley's shoulder and looks at him and says "Always the optimist our Riley... now where's a soccer ball I need to kick both your asses!"

As the sun starts to set the three musketeers bid their goodbyes Riley and TJ holding on for that extra second of a hug, no words were spoken but a million were felt.
TJ heads inside but stops in his tracks when he sees his younger brother sobbing in his mums arms, through murmured words TJ understood what this meant...

Will Byers had been found but not in the way we all hoped for!