The Mind Flayer

The group are walking back along the train tracks, TJ is trailing at the back listening to Dustin telling the group that he's 100% sure that it was Dart they saw.
Steve innocently reveals to the group that Dart ate a cat, causing Lucas to get defensive accusing Dustin of keeping Dart, "No, what? No? Dustin spits out.
"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve states obliviously, dropping Dustin in deep shit.
"Mews? Whose Mews?" Max asks from beside TJ who responds "It's Dustin's cat."
"Steve! TJ!" Dustin shouts angrily.
"I knew it! I knew you kept him!" Lucas accusingly shouts at Dustin.
"Ding! Ding! Ding! Here we go round 2083 of Henderson vs Sinclair. Who will win this round of another pointless argument!" TJ announces in his best presenter voice.
Max punches his arm laughing, until Dustin points a flashlight in her face referring to her as a stranger.
"Oh he's in deep shit now!" TJ says, noting the thunderous look on her face.

The three carry on bickering, but Steve and TJ suddenly look at each other hearing the familiar growls of the monsters that nearly killed them not so long ago.
"Guys! Hey guys!" Steve shouts at the group, finally they stop and realise what the older teen is drawing their attention to.
Dustin and Lucas sprint ahead with Steve, leaving Max stood there bewildered that they've just ran towards the sound, "No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound?"
TJ pushes her along telling her, "You get use to it. Come on Mayfield!"
As they rejoin the group, they see them stood at the top of a hill. Lucas's looks through his binoculars fixated on one thing
"It's the lab. They were going back home."

The group are walking through the woods when they hear a voice, "Hello? Whose there? Whose there?" TJ is trailing at the back but as soon as he hears his sisters voice he runs forward,
"STEVE!" He hears Johnathan and Nancy say.
"NANCY!" Steve and TJ both yell back.
"TJ! What are you doing here?" Nancy asks the group, but Steve defensively questions,
"What are you doing here?"
"We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy says.
"Oh fuck! Why? Where are they?" TJ asks his sister.
"They're not in there are they?" Dustin continues on, whilst pointing towards the lab.
Nancy looking visibly confused turns to her brother, whose she grateful to see, "We're not sure." "Why?" Johnathan adds on.
Johnathan and Nancy get their answer, when they hear the most terrifying screeches coming from inside the lab.

The group are stood arguing about when they last saw Mike and Will, TJ sees Nancy turn away from the group, her attention grabbed by something.
"Guys! The powers back!" Nancy shouts at the group. They hastily head back over to the security box, and Johnathan tries opening the gate again. Dustin pushes him out the way and starts pushing the buttons rapidly,
"Son of a bitch! You know what..." They hear him say.
"Henderson I don't think it matters who pushes the goddamn button. The gates not opening!" TJ shouts at the boy, terrified that his little brother is in there.
Suddenly the gate starts to open and Max looks at the boy with an eyebrow arched, "You were saying!"
TJ just rolls his eyes and scoffs at her, while Johnathan and Nancy rush into his car and head towards the lab, leaving the others by the gate.

Max is stood in the middle of the road looking at something, TJ stands next to her, trying to look at what she can see "Guys?" She says.
Suddenly, the sound of horns frantically beeping is heard, with  two cars speeding down the road, "Look out!" TJ hears as Max grabs him and pulls him to the side of the road.
"Shit! That was close. Thanks Mayfield!" Johnathan's car flies straight past the group but the Chiefs truck comes to a halt,
"Come on get in. Let's go!" The chief shouts at them, as they hustle into the car.

The teens are now sat round the Byers kitchen table, hearing the angry voice of Hopper on the phone. TJ watches as his brother is getting more and more frustrated.
"Mike! You need to cool it!" TJ tells his brother in a soft voice, grateful that he is alive.
"Cool it? You weren't in there TJ! You didn't see what those things did to those scientists, soldiers...to Bob!" Mike retorts back at him but then turns his attention back to Hopper, shouting at his lack of urgency for getting help. 
At this point you can tell the chief has had enough and sternly looks at the youngest Wheeler brother, "I'm telling you we sit here and we wait for help!" Hopper says and walks away into Joyces room.