You Win or You Die

Começar do início

It's the first time in a long time that someone gave me something, even if it's just a box of cookies... this feeling in the bottom of my chest... It's happiness.

"I am the original!" I along with the rest of the clones exclaimed in unison raising our hands.

Oh no.

"Huh." He says scratching his head nervously and backing slowly towards a window as my clones start arguing among themselves. "Hail Hydra!" He exclaims raising his fists in the air before leaping through the window and activating some kind of thruster in his shoes which allowed him to land in the alley below without getting hurt. "Bye-bye!" He exclaims, waving his hand cheekily before quickly running away.

That boy is very strange! Although being strange doesn't mean something bad... Child Emperor...

"Idiots, you scared the kid... He could have been our friend." One of the clones says picking up the box of cookies off the floor like it's a treasure and grabbing one of the cookies.

"Drop that cookie right now! Those cookies are for the original! I am the original!" a clone exclaims.

"Why are they called Chaos Cookies?" asks another clone massaging his chin before his eyes widen.

"Nope! I am the original!" Another clone exclaims pointing to himself desperately holding his head before cloning himself and pointing to the clone holding the cookie box. "Kill that damn impostor!" He exclaims before his clone lunges at the clone holding the cookie box.

The Twice civil war had begun, a fight for supremacy that would have no winners. All for a box of cookies...

Two weeks later.

Since that day I have not cloned myself again and now that I think about it better, this was something that would happen sooner or later. I really am a down-on-luck guy.

Now, I find myself deep in an alleyway with a paper bag covering my face as I hold and stare at the peculiar message inscribed on the back of an empty cookie box between my hands.

Minutes ago I tried to contact the number listed on the back of the cookie box, however, no one answered my call. "I'm a failure! Nobody cared!" I exclaimed holding my head tightly before sighing.

Maybe I should go see Giran... He might have some work for me.

At that moment, a small figure lands in front of me wearing sportswear and breathing heavily. "Sorry I didn't answer your call, I was in the middle of a soccer game at my school." Child Emperor says quickly taking a deep breath.

At this, I take a couple of steps back with wide eyes. How did he find me?!

"I came as fast as I could and on the way, I think I caused a couple of minor accidents." He says with a slight chuckle as police sirens wail in the distance. "Don't worry about it, I have contingency plans." He says waving his hand dismissively.