Chapter 68

The Dietrich's mansion was so big and grandiose, it made others either look at it with admiring wishful gazes or envious ones. It radiated wealth, and it reflected the power Christopher Dietrich possessed. After all, he was the leader of a very large pack that nobody dared to oppose or publicly go against.

Someone like Chris, who held all the power in the world, made people bend to his will. Made them want nothing but be on his good side.

Defiance wasn't something he dealt with often, and when he did, it was always from his wife or Constantine. The two were so similar in so many ways, and it made Chris wonder if Constantine hadn't been born a lycan, maybe he would have turned out to be a surgeon like his mother.

"She cuts up people for a living, and so do I."

"No, you kill them." Chris corrected giving him a sour look before he looked over his pack from the large window of his study. "She saves their lives."

The thought of his wife often calmed him down. He does miss her dearly, and it was about time he went back to her.

It's hard when they're both so busy.

"Admit it," Constantine said sitting upright when Chris gave the feet he had draped over the armrest a glare, at least he wasn't defiant all the time. "You're just upset you're not my favorite."

"Why would I be? I'm his favorite." He said gesturing at his other son who looked up at them distractedly, he was deep in thought moments ago. "Isn't that right, Alexander?"

Alexander blinked at him. "...Right."

The betrayal Chris felt was immeasurable.

Deciding not to dwell on his aching heart, Chris turned a sniggering Constantine who made his blood boil by the mere sight of him. It never ceases to amaze how different his two sons could be. Alexander was neatly dressed, well-put together, a proper normal young man.

Constantine on the other hand was...

It was better not to dwell on that, too.

"It's not often that you come to visit." Chris was indeed surprised when he found both of his sons in his study, and he almost thought that he had told someone to bring Constantine in. "Though I don't appreciate how you were threatening your brother earlier."

"He wasn't threatening me, dad." Alexander quickly refuted his father's words, but Chris narrowed his eyes in disbelief at that.

"He told you to deny that, didn't he?"

Alexander kept his silence.

The glare shifted to be directed at Constantine. "Just what does it take for you to behave?"

"It was an empty threat."

While he knew that, Chris still saw him point a knife to his brother's chest telling him that he would be disemboweled if he didn't reveal something. That something was a mystery to Chris since he cut them off right there, but the fact that Alexander was sitting there not really shaken by what happened earlier meant that he was used to it. It was concerning.

There were many things Chris decided not to dwell on as he moved on from that train of thought to go back to Constantine being there on his own volition.

"Just say it, why are you here?"

Constantine grinned at him. "Try not to sound too excited."

Chris was not amused. "Just say it."

Constantine sighed placing both of his feet on the table in front of him, and Chris knew that he dd it just to annoy him. Thankfully, Alexander was there to push them away because he knew how much his father hated it. Truly the perfect son.