Chapter 26

When he woke up, Constantine found himself laid down on a bed and his hand chained to the bedside right next to him.

This wasn't an unusual thing at all, and he often appreciated just how comfy the beds he found himself in were, but this wasn't a result of a fun night. Well, his night was indeed fun, but the part where he was handcuffed to a bed wasn't part of the fun. In fact, he was sure that he had been knocked out for a day at least and his head was throbbing.

Struggling for a bit, he wondered in which part of the mansion he was in. Based on that, he could plan his escape before anyone walks in. It was always an annoyance whenever someone walks in asking him too many questions or try and reason with him.

Usually, it is Alpha Dietrich himself who'd walk in and try to get as much information out of him as possible about the dysfunctional 'pack' he managed to find and join. Questions like its whereabouts and whatever activities they were up to.

If it wasn't Chris, then it'd be a doctor, a psychologist, or whatever else that would help with fixing whatever screws that were loose in his mind.

To this day, none of them managed to make any progress and it only made him grow even more annoyed and unwilling to stay than ever.

He sat up and felt around for keys that, sometimes, were there whenever he actually behaved himself and was just restrained for convenience. Seriously, why did they even bother? He never cared about those stupid parties they hosted no matter how big they were.

"The hell am I here for?" Constantine grumbled when he was sure there were no keys around.

He tried to remember what exactly was said before he willingly drugged himself into unconsciousness before it finally hit him and he couldn't help but snort at the stupidity of it all.

With a forceful tug, Constantine broke the bedside that was restraining him and was content with having just the handcuff hanging from his wrist. Deciding to deal with that later, he stood up taking an experimental step to make sure walking wouldn't make him fall over. Waking up after being drugged so heavily was never a pleasant experience.

His luck wasn't on his side, though, because just as he was about to quietly sneak out, someone walked in scowling the moment they saw pieces of broken wood scattered all over the floor.

It was the last person Constantine wanted to see, Christopher Dietrich.

"I am surprised you're able to walk already." He said completely unperturbed by the fact that Constantine was standing in the middle of the room unrestrained. "Sit, please. We're not done talking."

"Please." Constantine repeated with his lip twitching upwards in amusement, but he still obliged with the request and sat back on the bed looking expectant. "Someone's mad."

"Someone is." Despite his words, Chris calmly pulled a chair and sat down in front of Constantine who was waiting for his next words. He knew that once Constantine loses interest, he'd be gone before anyone could do anything. "We need to talk about the omega you're planning to kidnap."

Constantine laughed.

"What's so funny now?"

"When did I ever kidnap anyone?" Constantine snorted fiddling with the handcuff in his hand absentmindedly. "You really think I'd kidnap someone?"

Chris scowled. "Yes, I think you would."

"What makes you think that?"

"You said so, don't you remember? About stealing the omega from the Hawthornes pack." Chris reminded him still maintaining his calm, but from experience Constantine knew that he was anything but. He did put on a convincing display, though.