Chapter 22

When Cassie entered the room, she was surprised to see someone else instead of Ari there with Eli.

The girl beside him was struggling to keep her composure, and it was no doubt hard for her to stay in a closed room with an omega in heat, but she was doing her best to comfort Eli. A mated beta wouldn't last long before she falls for the effects, but at least she wasn't at risk of biting him.

Still, Cassie wasn't comfortable with the hazy-eyed look she was given when the girl had finally noticed someone else's arrival and she frowned at her in confusion.

"Who are you?"

"I'll take it from here." Cassie told her bringing the girl's hand away from Eli. "I am an omega, too."

The girl stared at her for a moment before she reluctantly nodded her head and stepped back. She went to the door, but still stayed standing there observing her. "It is better if you leave. It's for your own sake." She smiled at the girl who begrudgingly did so.

It wasn't a surprised that she was easily convinced to leave because her face had told Cassie that she was on the verge of losing her control.

Eli himself was too far gone, and Cassie regretted taking so long as she took out a small bag from her purse and took out one of the needles. Poor Eli was squirming in his place hoping to find some comfort, and thankfully he wasn't moving too much to make her task of providing the comfort he needed harder.

She easily held down one of his wrists and carefully plunged the needle into his skin with a bit of difficulty.

While she often had to do this for herself whenever she had an unexpected, or an especially brutal heat, this was the first time she had done it for someone else.

As she told Ari before, Eli was very young. The youngest she had come across, and his heats are bound to be irregular before they finally become more stable and easier to manage. This was a sensitive period for any omega, and those who didn't have someone to help them had it rough.

Cassie was one of those lucky ones who had someone else to guide them, and it seemed like Eli was a lucky one, too.

Dealing with heats wasn't common knowledge, and most didn't even bother to learn it because the chance of encountering a situation with an omega in heat would be so slim due to their rarity. It was justified, but it made any omega's life hard.

Still, it always felt good to help someone and she smiled when she fondly watched Eli's breaths become steadier as the heat symptoms subsided.

It wasn't entirely gone, but at least it was controlled.

Heats never go away on their own, and all the medications in the world wouldn't be able to stop it, only suppress some of it. The only way to completely get rid of one would be with the interference of an alpha, but it was easy for Cassie to guess that this was not an option for Eli who was still in the early stages of his relationship with Alec.

It was something she felt like she could relate to when she thought back on her own relationship with her mate, and she couldn't help but smile down at Eli as she moved his hair away from his face.

"Are you feeling better now?"

In his exhaustion, Eli managed to nod his head slowly with hum. His eyes were still closed, and he was still warm to the touch, but it was still much better than his earlier state.

"Heats are awful, aren't they?" She chuckled to herself watching a pout forming and his eyebrows knit as he gave a confirming whimper. The fact that he was responding was a good sign, but he still needed to be taken back home to be a lot more comfortable and safer.