Constantine shook his head. "It honestly just happened."

"I see. Nobody expected a second omega." Chris nodded his head accepting that before he leaned forward in his seat with a face filled with displeasure, and his fingers facing each other as he sat there considering his next words. "It doesn't explain why that second omega suddenly went missing, does it?"

There was no hint of surprise when Constantine whistled to express said surprise. "They went missing?"

Years of dealing with Constantine made him aware that if he really wanted to make Chris believe he was surprised at that, he'd be a lot more convincing. The obvious pretense was only there to annoy him further and nothing more, and it only confirmed his suspicion.

"Stop acting as if you didn't know. I thought you didn't kidnap people."

"I did say that, didn't I?"

"So then where are they?" Chris asked opening his arms in a gesture that conveyed his annoyance and thinning patience. "How did they suddenly go missing and then their mother is found dead right after? Not to mention all the dead alphas."

He heard all about it from his friend, alpha Hawthorne, personally.

It was his friend's way of indirectly asking if Constantine had a hand in it, and when Chris heard the details of her death, he was almost certain that his son was involved. The way she was murdered told him everything he needed to know. Not many would think of drowning someone using a sink, and none would be so bold to do so in the middle of a town filled with wolves who could hear it.

This was Constantine alright.

But the alphas were what confused him. Other than the one with crushed spine and rib cage, they were all left intact. Not a single drop of blood. He assumed it was done intentionally to cause his confusion and mislead him.

But Constantine scoffed. "Have you ever considered that I might be innocent?"

"No." Came the quick and flat reply.

It was expected, and it made Constantine's lip twitch up.

"You're right, I am not entirely innocent." He finally admitted not so shockingly. There was nothing shocking about his admission of guilt, Chris just wanted him to say it so he could be sure of what he knew. "But I never killed the alphas."

"Do not lie to me, Constantine." He spoke to him as if he was speaking to a child.

"Yes, because I often lie about the bodies I kill." Constantine muttered sarcastically. Surely his father was aware that he had no problem with admitting to killing people. He had been doing this for years, there was no reason for him to lie about this. "You got me, I killed them, too."

Whether his father believed him or not wasn't his problem.

Funnily enough, his father quickly accepted the false admission without question.

"That's what I thought." Constantine shook his head at his father's words not believing the distrust he is faced with. Didn't matter that it was his fault, he hoped his father would have been a bit smarter than this. Maybe he really did drive him crazy since he started groaning as he held his head. "Can you please just return the omega to their pack? Please."

Constantine raised an eyebrow. "Hawthornes giving you a headache about this?"

"Yes!"

"As I said before, I don't kidnap people."

The stunned look his father gave him almost made him laugh as he watched as the annoyance crept in when he slowly lifted his hand to point his index finger at him. "I have had it with your petulance." It really wasn't his fault that he wasn't believed, Constantine had only been telling the truth – mostly. "Just return them. You killed their mother."

"Per their request."

Chris felt himself recoil back at the unexpected words. "What?"

"Per their request." Constantine repeated again boredly. "And if anything, he's part of this miserable pack now."

A frown appeared on Chris' face as he tried to process these words he has been told, and he leaned back in his chair with a distracted nod and a persistent frown as he stared at his son. For a long moment, he sat there without saying anything waiting for the deadpan look on Constantine's face to be replaced with amusement for falling for his tricks.

But the deadpan look remained.

"Mate?"

"Unfortunately for him, yes."

"Hm," Chris liked his son's self-awareness. "I see. So you didn't kidnap anyone."

"No."

But Chris felt another incoming headache as he reached for his bottle of wine once more. "Two of you." He said drinking straight from the bottle with a laugh devoid of any joy, only exhaustion. "There are two of you. How splendid."

There was no way he could explain this to his friend, alpha Hawthorne.

Maybe it is best if he just didn't say anything.